Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.83 Average
Advanced aerial AI (version 5.2)
2018-04-16, 08:29 AM
RE: Advanced aerial AI (version 5.2)
Not sure if this is the problem, but this can sometimes be caused by vector thrust spinners thinking that "forward" is in the wrong direction. This happens because Nick doesn't have any API calls for detecting the normal position for a spinner, so the code guesses which way is forward on the spinner by the position of the spinner when the code first starts up. So, when you update settings, make sure the spinners are in their normal forward position (which can be done by turning the AI off and waiting a few seconds), or removing the vehicle from play and putting it back in, or loading the vehicle into play.

If this is not the problem, I'll need more information, possibly a blueprint.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-04-16, 08:47 AM
(2018-04-16 08:29 AM)Madwand Wrote:  Not sure if this is the problem, but this can sometimes be caused by vector thrust spinners thinking that "forward" is in the wrong direction. This happens because Nick doesn't have any API calls for detecting the normal position for a spinner, so the code guesses which way is forward on the spinner by the position of the spinner when the code first starts up. So, when you update settings, make sure the spinners are in their normal forward position (which can be done by turning the AI off and waiting a few seconds), or removing the vehicle from play and putting it back in, or loading the vehicle into play.

If this is not the problem, I'll need more information, possibly a blueprint.

So, I put normal pitch thrusters on the jet and that seemed to fix the issue. took me a bit to turn the jet vanilla. Now the VT thrusters make worms in the sky when flying.. I think it has to do with your PID addition.

PS jet was fine with 5.0

Typing this as I mess with the jet.. I removed the pitch thrusters, extra ones, and now it seems to be back to normal flying using only the VT thrusters.. so it might have been that it was confused with what to use?

Still, as it stands i'm hating the snakes in the sky.

Attached is the vanilla version that should /not/ work or at least it wasn't for me.

Plus a circus act picture of the jet.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint  Arrow Error.blueprint (Size: 132.08 KB / Downloads: 3)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-04-16, 09:14 AM
Some really big problems on the Arrow:

Your center of drag isn't in front of the engines. This will cause the plane to naturally pitch in the direction of the CoD.
You set PID values to 0. If you do this, the plane can't fly.
You replaced a spinner without updating VTSpinners. Every time a SubConstruct ID changes, you have to update the Lua (or use 'all' and no other spinners, or use ExcludeSpinners)
You have no yaw thrusters, vector thrust or otherwise.

I fixed these things and it flies just fine. Needs some tweaking to fly nicely, and some drag streamlining would probably help too.
Find all posts by this user
2018-04-16, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-04-16 09:34 AM by Softie.)
(2018-04-16 09:14 AM)Madwand Wrote:  Some really big problems on the Arrow:

Your center of drag isn't in front of the engines. This will cause the plane to naturally pitch in the direction of the CoD.
You set PID values to 0. If you do this, the plane can't fly.
You replaced a spinner without updating VTSpinners. Every time a SubConstruct ID changes, you have to update the Lua (or use 'all' and no other spinners, or use ExcludeSpinners)
You have no yaw thrusters, vector thrust or otherwise.

I fixed these things and it flies just fine. Needs some tweaking to fly nicely, and some drag streamlining would probably help too.

I was messing with it so things aren't what they should be, on the modded version everything was correct.

Also, with the mod, project singularity, I had tail pieces that gave yaw.

Like, I really was trying with that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user