Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Where saves are stored
2015-07-10, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-05-09 08:26 PM by Nick Smart.)
Information Where saves are stored
Saves are stored separately for each "Planet". For 95% of people the Planet is Neter (the game's default planet)

You'll find your save files here - Documents/From The Depths/Name (Your name)/Saves/

44334e6e-c3ea-4e4f-9f2a-bb3d4f6e0e9d is the unique ID of Neter. It will be different if you try to find a save from a different planet, but assuming you are playing on Neter, you can find them all there.

The entire contents of the folder needs to be zipped up and uploaded for the save to be usable.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-08-20, 05:10 PM
RE: Where saves are stored
(2015-07-10 08:53 PM)Nick Smart Wrote:  You'll find your save files here - Documents/From The Depths/Name (Your name)/Saves/

This is completely unacceptable. You need to move this location, or at the very least hide it in linux by prefacing it with a '.'

I just booted up my computer after enjoying From the Depth last night for the first time to discover it took a spaghetti in my home folder. ~/ is not some place software should be placing visible files. It's just not kosher. I've made a script to toggle it's filename / visibility with the loading and unloading of the game, but I shouldn't have to do this.

Please consider moving the location of of this folder some place else. I would expect it to be in my Steam folder, since that's where I purchased the game, in ~/.config, or at the very least ~/.From The Depths so that it's hidden.

If every piece of software I installed put a visible folder in my home directory I would soon find navigating my files to be a huge pain in the ass.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
2016-08-20, 05:21 PM
First of all, please don't necro, post this in the appropriate section. Second, a lot games I've seen store saves and other files under documents, and if FTD causes that big of a problem, I'm surprised no other games have caused it.

[Image: Xx28lJc.gif]
2016-08-20, 05:49 PM
(2016-08-20 05:21 PM)capkirk123 Wrote:  First of all, please don't necro, post this in the appropriate section. Second, a lot games I've seen store saves and other files under documents, and if FTD causes that big of a problem, I'm surprised no other games have caused it.

I don't play games very much and the few titles that did so under linux where returned for a refund.

This seemed like the place to post this as it was a pinned threads in bug reports.
Should I have made a new thread?
2016-08-20, 09:11 PM
Yes, I would advise making a new thread under bug reports to see if anyone can help.

[Image: Xx28lJc.gif]