Poll: How should subs be incorporated into DWG
Yes as described in OP (Give option in post)
Yes, but differently from OP (Give opinion in post)
Should just be one sub as a one off kind of thing
No (Give opinion in post)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Subs in DWG
2015-07-01, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 2015-07-01 03:40 PM by ARCAGNELL0.)
RE: Subs in DWG
I'll have to make tests, you know they're pretty useful on very small vessels like the Sea viper, as I could put like 3 of them on a very tiny turret and have much less recoil than just a single large cannon, I'll come back with results on another thread Big Grin

I do not apply murder to the vehicle, the murder has the vehicle built around it! -ARCAGNELL0

"If there is no struggle, there is no progress" -Frederick Douglass

(2017-01-23 04:32 PM)Shade Wrote:  I think you can basically stack infinite shields in an arc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-07-12, 03:07 PM
I am against subs.

Somewhat feel that they do not belong in the starter faction.
The player, especially the new one, has enough to worry about combined sea / air attack.
Subs are a great thing later in game, when the player has enough experience and resources to deal with an additional layer of warfare.

sveno's steam workshop
2015-08-16, 09:18 PM
As a newish player (60 hours) I struggle enough against the standard fleets in operation, particularly the air bombers. Dealing with that AND underwater threats would be a hassle.

However, a scavenged ship that's half sunk and retro fitted to be a sub, would work. So the keeel is between 20 and 30, and say the sail of the 'sub' is still attached and breaking the surface. Gives ew players something new to deal with, but is relatively easy to spot and damage while offering the general themes of a sub
2015-08-17, 12:34 AM
Subs are quite advanced, Not for the starter faction. (With vehicles like the scavenger and sea viper...)

"Evolution of adbots never over, infinite ads in bio, goal that always changes, can increase advertising, cannot obtain infinite views"
2015-08-17, 11:16 AM
Correct, the Pequod currently in game will be taken out of the set because of this.
For now DWG accepts no subs.

sveno's steam workshop
2015-11-20, 11:41 AM
I can support this idea, given that DWG airships are... cannon fodder most of the time (Moray and the Barracuda being exceptions)

[Image: BI0qaev.gif]

You say insane, I say reasonable and logical

[Image: Screenshot_2017-03-12_12.08.10.png]
2015-11-20, 02:17 PM
(2015-11-20 07:26 AM)Neonivek Wrote:  One of the issues with some roguelikes (I know this isn't a roguelike) is that they have a very sink or swim attitude. So you go through the game without a single mechanic and then suddenly you are smacked over the face with it in full force.

Who said it's not a roguelike? Tongue

But yeah, this is basically my own reason for supporting a bit of submarines in DWG. Enough to introduce the concept, at least. dunno if the Pequod is my favorite, though Robbaz seemed to love it Tongue maybe a diving bell that releases floating mines upwards? Something that takes the player building a torpedo or supercavitating shell or whatever to deal with, but gives them time to either A: figure those things out or B: Run away until they figure those things out.

Sometimes finishes things.
2016-02-23, 11:41 AM
(2015-06-27 07:59 PM)Pathos The Kosmonaut Wrote:  I've created this thread to discuss the possibility of adding a couple of submersibles to DWG, which I hope will add some diversity to the faction.
I currently have one submersible in Evaluation which sums up the main characteristics of an average DWG sub:
  • Higher tier subs are capable of medium-range harrassment (limited torps/missiles) yet more effective/devastating up close (cannons within 100-400 meters)
  • Lower average protection than a surface vessel of the same category (small, medium, large, capital ship) (about 25% loss of protection)
  • Surface when damaged, or at least easily crippled

With Quellix's permission, I've posted a poll with some options.
maybe 2 more subs with torpedoes would be good. the torpedoes can have only 1 warhead and be inaccurate.
2017-01-05, 12:22 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-01-05 12:26 AM by XXGrind.)
(2015-06-28 03:55 AM)Exitius III Wrote:  Well, saying that is sorta like saying, "Why don't the Onyx Watch have weaponized lasers and helicopters because they are next to the Twin Guard?"
There aren't any because it doesn't fit them. Smile

Honestly, it wouldn't really be all that big of a deal. It seems that most of the DWG's achievements are accidents, so I could see them possibly finding some half sunken wreck, sticking some fins on it, and lo and behold it works like a submarine.

Anyway onyx watch just wouldn't want to have helicopters. Their serious distrust of flying would stop them

I think that DWG should have subs because the Pequod is there so what stops them from creating new ones
2017-01-05, 12:31 AM
(2017-01-05 12:22 AM)XXGrind Wrote:  
(2015-06-28 03:55 AM)Exitius III Wrote:  Well, saying that is sorta like saying, "Why don't the Onyx Watch have weaponized lasers and helicopters because they are next to the Twin Guard?"
There aren't any because it doesn't fit them. Smile

Honestly, it wouldn't really be all that big of a deal. It seems that most of the DWG's achievements are accidents, so I could see them possibly finding some half sunken wreck, sticking some fins on it, and lo and behold it works like a submarine.

Anyway onyx watch just wouldn't want to have helicopters. Their serious distrust of flying would stop them

I think that DWG should have subs because the Pequod is there so what stops them from creating new ones

Please note the date on the last post of a thread and avoid practicing necromancy.