Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[WF] "Perforator" Battleship
2016-02-13, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 2016-02-13 07:12 AM by A Lemming.)
RE: [WF] "Perforator" Battleship
GT and SD are easy because they have been refitted with CRAMs which i can easily dodge. This stupid ship though... I spent like 20 hours until i made an 8k block ship that could destroy a perforator while remaining at an acceptable 98-99% health

[Image: DrBGmGy.png]

Join the Universal Supreme Alliance!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-02-13, 07:44 AM
(2016-02-12 07:13 PM)chp2001 Wrote:  FYI, Renthrak made this powerful, and SD is the third weakest faction despite being the last one. Test GT designs as examples of true end game vehicles.

Actually, I didn't do this one. Gigatrony did.
Find all posts by this user
2016-02-13, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-02-13 01:21 PM by chp2001.)
(2016-02-13 07:12 AM)A Lemming Wrote:  GT and SD are easy because they have been refitted with CRAMs which i can easily dodge. This stupid ship though... I spent like 20 hours until i made an 8k block ship that could destroy a perforator while remaining at an acceptable 98-99% health

SD never got refits, GT got a ton of CRAM refits and AA refits. Most of them will go in next patch.

It's interesting you say that they are weak because they've been refitted to CRAM, when GT hasn't had a single CRAM update go in yet.

(2016-02-13 07:44 AM)Renthrak Wrote:  
(2016-02-12 07:13 PM)chp2001 Wrote:  FYI, Renthrak made this powerful, and SD is the third weakest faction despite being the last one. Test GT designs as examples of true end game vehicles.

Actually, I didn't do this one. Gigatrony did.

Oops, I just knew it was one of the crazy buff people Tongue

(2015-08-17 03:24 PM)TauNeutrino Wrote:  7/10 hijacks ALL my jokes.
2017-10-15, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-15 04:14 PM by Richard Dastardly.)
Perforator was rebuilt for v2.03, with a "Massive Particle Cannon" and butterfly-layered level 2 reflect shields. Combat results vs other godly signature ships shown below.

v2.03 Perforator ad-hoc godly tournament
----------------------------------------

Spawned ~1.5km, parallel. Repeated fights after close results.

Defender:

= Perforator(WF) 45FP

Defeated:

+ Crossbones(DWG) 50FP - CRAM, missiles
+ Bulwark(OW) 50FP - mostly CRAM, some rapid-fire APS
+ Desecrator(WF) 50FP - large APS
+ Hypatos(LH) 50FP - Laser thrustercraft orbiter
+ Abyss (TG) 45FP - Laser drones carrier
+ Tyrannic (TG) 50FP - subvehicle-mounted APS, heavy repairs
+ Warlord (GT) 50FP - forward-facing, PAC, APS, heavily shielded
+ Cezar (SS) 45FP - rapidfire large APS
+ Black Current(SS) 45FP - submarine, mix of sonar & beamrider torpedos, missiles
+ Dark Star (SD) 50FP - Laser

Mixed

~ Thyr (SS) 50FP 2-1-draw ( both left with torpedos only & making little progress ), Thyr wins on aggregate - mostly large APS, torpedos
~ Thunderclap(GT) 50FP - 50%, dependent on lucky hits either side - Many CRAM

Lost to:

- Kobold (GT) 40FP - forward-facing large APS spam.
- Event Horizon (SD) 70FP - long range, forward-facing large APS spam, Lasers. Most damage done by the APS spam.
- Singularity (SD) 80FP - Lasers, warp. Very slow at killing, just too far away for PAC to hurt it.
- 70k's worth of player-constructed armed satellite ( to be fair this will beat anything else too ).

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Heavy & light tanks 18/11/17. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
2017-11-11, 12:45 AM
Full notes on the WF Perferator rebuild for v2.03

After the rebuild its a bit repurposed. Heres my quick breakdown on it compared to godly as a whole.
Strengths
-Exploits volatile weak points
-Pretty well armored
-Strong against APS
-Decent laser durability

Weaknesses
-Less ability to fight airships
-Bombs
-Torpedos
-Fused CRAMs
-PAC useless after its been pierced
-Steam powered, there are a few seconds at start when its weak.
-No LAMs (as like all WF)

After discussion in the discord about the Perferator's under performance and lack of sticking to the name, people generally agreed it was fine that it use a Pierce PAC to simulate its name again. Though there were some strong opposition.

The Perferator was completely gutted at least three times.

The old messy interior has been completely reorganized.

Perforator's new armor scheme actually has less armor density. A lot of the HA has been stripped away and been left in the 'critical' areas.
Its majorly dual metal layer with Alloy internal chambers.
The bottom hull has been mostly double layered for extra protection. (With
exclusion below the engines)
The 225mm and 80mm has been redone to be a bit more efficient.
Armor has been placed around the turrets to help against their violent
explosions.
The shields were completely redone to be my inverted square reflect shield setup,
Prioritizing the sides and front. There are gaps directly downwards.
The new Perferator runs off mainly steam pistons, which means the shield's start weak than increase in strength via ACB. (~200k power in combat)
Steam turbines are spread around the craft for redundancy
Batteries and electric motor added. (103k Eletric Power)
Detection has been adjusted for less time averaging.
The Missiles have been redone to be more raw damage based with 180 frag,
Torpedos moved around due to the rearrangement of armor.
8 Block Torpedos in the front
12 block Torpedos in the rear for longer ranges.
Smoke Rearranged mainly to the central turret. the front, and rear.
Athestics are mainly left the same but the Propellers in the back recieved some love with steam pipes and barrel mixture, no longer giant long beams.
The bottom has been mainly smoothed over and streamlined.
Slightly more crammed goign towards the command center due to extra armor.

Now for the reason of the rebuild... the giant PAC.
Setup in Triple-Quads. It utilizes 3 PAC main pieces at the bottom. 4 Arms from each snake through the neck and create 3 T shaped 'barrels'.
There was a short and long variant, long variant was chosen because it was more WF like in terms of looks.
Each arm is on average 160ish long.
All set to piercing with a charge of 5 seconds and overclock of 2x.
Maximum field of fire for ship to ship combat, with 8 Vertical Focus. Each arm averages 36k Piercing damage, generally enough to break through ship citadels.
Primary purpose to poke holes into other large weaponry.
It has a Large weakpoint,as there is a 4m gap of no armor inside the turret. 2m
for the neck, and 2m for the top portion of the Turret. This is due to the shape
not being altered to allow the larger gun.

If thread is cancer, run awey quik and let dem otder pepple deep wit it.
-Lemming 2k16 (Inner grammar Nazi intensifies)
(2016-03-27 12:23 PM)BaronBaconeer Wrote:  8/10 Builds things. BIG things. Will possibly cause someone's computer to crash in the future.