Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Beginners Guide + FAQ (work in progress)
2014-11-21, 10:39 AM
RE: Beginners Guide + FAQ (work in progress)
(2014-11-21 12:55 AM)Oshawott Wrote:  i have a good question,, maybe? who is easyest after DWGHuh

White flayers might be your choice, but they have very few resource zones.

In my current campaign, the OW smelled what I was up to and bunkerized all borders so I couldn't just go there and remove them with my flotilla of punity^^

Pursue happyness with diligence
-Mastodon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2014-11-21, 05:34 PM
Question RE: Beginners Guide + FAQ (work in progress)
(2014-11-21 10:39 AM)h0yer Wrote:  
(2014-11-21 12:55 AM)Oshawott Wrote:  i have a good question,, maybe? who is easyest after DWGHuh

White flayers might be your choice, but they have very few resource zones.

In my current campaign, the OW smelled what I was up to and bunkerized all borders so I couldn't just go there and remove them with my flotilla of punity^^

is Ow Harder? my main is planes with ground attack and blimps are my bane till i get spaceplanes <3

Im back ;D
2014-11-24, 11:56 AM
Well, OW has very nice and powerful massive metal vehicles, with punchy guns.

They take quite a while (ages?) to destroy (I don't use bbqover9000pwnage weaponry in campaign, I want to have fun^^)

In my current campaign, after "eradicating" the DWG, all borderlands of OW were 200+fp fleet protected, while the WF didn't smell my dark plans so were caught unprepared with ~60fp fleets and are now suffering the consequences.

While I learned the very hard way (needed several attempts) that the WF "buzzsaw" is a really underestimated enemy, especially, when throwing planes at them. They shoot down slow planes really well Smile

Pursue happyness with diligence
-Mastodon
2014-11-27, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 2014-11-27 11:00 PM by The Mustachi Master.)
Ye, When fighting OW you want fast planes.
You also want to make sure that your not fighting a halberd or glaive as they own planes.
In my opinion OW are easier, but its because I use lots of level 10 shields and huge cannons.
Check out the New Genesis Teramid and Redeye, They're in a fleet I call WatchBusters just because of how effectively they wipe the sea with OW.
(Sorry for the shameful promotion too Wink)

Oh and welcome to the forums Smile

"Evolution of adbots never over, infinite ads in bio, goal that always changes, can increase advertising, cannot obtain infinite views"
2014-11-28, 09:30 AM
The blue square and box are where the enemy has a structure and I want to destroy it to build my own.
2015-01-10, 05:40 AM (This post was last modified: 2015-01-10 06:00 AM by Lman94.)
what is the key for the diplomacy screen?
edit: never mind, a search of the forums revealed that it is F1

I am not responsible for any damage caused by taking my advise without verification of facts.
2015-06-05, 08:44 AM
Just do wonder, is this going to get updated?
I think it would be great, allow community to get some input on that guide. And mods would assemble it.
I would like to see specially FAQ section to be expanded widely.

I would like also see "Abbreviations" section.
For example
- CoM: Centre of Mass
- ACB: Automated Control Block
etc.

This may be worth to be sticked later on on the Steam, as some people have been asking about it.

Steam Workshop
[Image: KofGHX]

Modding Whorkshop : Wheels On Crack : Testing Suspension
2015-06-10, 02:33 PM
The wiki is rather out of date.
This game has a steep learning curve.
I will try to update the wiki later this week.

"I don't have to reinvent the wheel because you can teach me how it works."
"I tried being normal, but it got boring, so I went back to being me."
PS: Please make all keys in FTD remappable. Remappable while in game would be even better.
2015-09-02, 01:10 AM
I'd like to see some more information on missile blocks....!

Is there a scale for the map? I'm finally setting limits on my weapons controllers and I'm not sure how far away the enemy actually is, and having trouble setting my missiles to only engage at the extent of the fuel tanks.

Also, I see a lot of talk about the one-turn component, and following the AI/Player view. What does AI view actually relate to? Is it the tracker AI function, or something else...?
2015-10-13, 09:36 PM
(2015-09-02 01:10 AM)Coastal Wrote:  I'd like to see some more information on missile blocks....!

Is there a scale for the map? I'm finally setting limits on my weapons controllers and I'm not sure how far away the enemy actually is, and having trouble setting my missiles to only engage at the extent of the fuel tanks.

Also, I see a lot of talk about the one-turn component, and following the AI/Player view. What does AI view actually relate to? Is it the tracker AI function, or something else...?

As far as ranges go, im afraid i've yet to encounter a better method than just learning to estimate. You can use pulled ships as a reference, just warp onto one and place other out of play vehicles at defined heights, fly about that setup in freecam and try to apply that to your test matches. Thinking in blocks helps too, for finetuning. Would be nice tough to just have a way to draw vectors and distances for the various current aimpoints of a vehicle, but as far as i know no such thing exists yet. You can do that with Lua, though. For reference on how to optain the impoints you can look at Blothorn's missile script for example. Shouldn't be a big deal to calculate the distance and log it, but i can't do that off the bat, my vector game is weak. ^^

Tis but a scratch!
Boom.