Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
Terrus Asunder (v0.8.835 is released!)
2017-07-23, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-07-25 11:28 PM by hydrobolic.)
RE: Terrus Asunder (v0.8.83 is released!)
I was thinking that lua code could be used for the Techtron Andromeda, because they are the most advanced faction, but your reason certainly makes sense.

I was designing an airship, and then it started looking like the Restitution. So I gave it feathers, and it works well, except for the fact it doesn't move, and I can't seem to fix it. If you look at, please give it a new name.

It does have two lua blocks, the scripts written by ZerothAngel. They shouldn't affect anything else, just controlling some missiles and the hovering at altitude..

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Falcon.blueprint (Size: 135.02 KB / Downloads: 3)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-07-27, 01:32 AM
I would prefer that design submissions go to the submissions thread rather than this one since I normally put release notes and whatnot here.

I downloaded it, looked at it, and from where it's using Lua I have no idea what is going on with it. This goes back to where Lua is not to be used on these craft since, if there's a problem, I don't know how to fix it. I could overhaul it and give it general AI but at that point I'm concerned just where I'd fit it at since I have many smaller designs as is (Restitution being the main original and the Sparrow being the upgraded version which has not been added yet for when it comes to copter designs. The Gale is another small plane that rounds about the coverage for small designs.)

Terrus Asunder, my custom campaign
2017-07-27, 04:30 PM
I figure that it would fit an experimental Restitution change, the lore saying something about redundancy with the propellers.

I couldn't get it to float without the lua code, so I left those in. I'd like it if you could do the overhaul and replace them, considering you've had practice where I haven't.

Will post on the submission thread with more craft in the future.
2017-07-27, 10:07 PM
I'll take a look at it but I do not offer guarantees.

More Important News: Based on feedback I will be releasing a hotfix today for the campaign and some designs. I'll post all changes I can think of below that will be done today.

Campaign Changes:

- Starting resources increased from 1000 to 5000
- Starting resource growth increased from 3 to 4
- Increased initial Vehement Seeker garrisons to compensate
- Opening fleet creation from the HQ now starts at 5 instead of 15. This means it takes longer to send the first fleet.
- Increased general resource pools provided from HQ resource zones.
- Slight lore adjustments

(These changes allow the player to get craft deployed much faster and makes it more interactive from the get-go.)

Design Changes:

- New Dark Angels design: Sparrow (small helicopter designed to be an upgrade to the Restitution. 14FP, medium difficulty.)

- Vehement Seekers Malice reworked: Same general idea but much stronger. FP increased to 8 from 2.

- For reasons unknown the Gripe has been upgraded with some basic autocannon turrets. FP increased to 2 from 1.

- Ionic Revolution Disentegrator FP increased from 18 to 20. It is also now an expert design.

- Note on the Ionic Revolution Isolus: Its reliance on long missiles forces it in a terrible buggy state to where its missiles seem to always get stuck in the gantries or terribly flipped around in some form. While I've fixed the issue of its AI getting blown up immediately it may still lose functionality in some missile pods. The issue itself is being looked into as far as I know.

- Ionic Revolution Harbinger FP increased from 50 to 60.

- Midnight Exodus Gungnir FP increased to 50 from 45

- More notes to come!

2017-07-28, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-10 03:01 AM by ABYAY.)
RE: Terrus Asunder (v0.8.835 is released!)
Sorry for the double post, but...

Terrus World Folder 0.8.835
Terrus Designs 0.8.835

Updated instructions on main page should make things more clear!

This is a hotfix version to address some more concerning issues about an early-game stagnation as well as some general bug fixes and such. Notes will be down below! (Technically they're also above for the most part.)

Map Changes:

- Automated detection is now at 1.00 instead of 0.99 since the bug has been fixed.

Campaign Changes:

- Starting resources increased from 1000 to 5000
- Starting resource growth increased from 3 to 4
- Increased initial Vehement Seeker garrisons to compensate this change and to add more action early on.
- Opening fleet creation from the Vehement Seekers HQ now starts at 5 instead of 15. This means it takes longer to send the first fleet from the HQ to pressure the player.
- Increased general resource pools provided from HQ resource zones.
- Slight lore adjustments
- Trigger system for destruction of HQs tested. Some factions do not have HQs and rely on a self-destructing spawn stick for the boss craft. This is considered the HQ and you will receive the notice early about the faction's demise. This will be fixed when all HQs have been added.

(These changes allow the player to get craft deployed much faster and makes it more interactive from the get-go.)

Design Changes:

- New Dark Angels design: Sparrow (small helicopter designed to be an upgrade to the Restitution. 14FP, medium difficulty.)
- Vehement Seekers Malice reworked: Same general idea but much stronger. FP increased to 8 from 2.
- For reasons unknown the Gripe has been upgraded with some basic autocannon turrets. FP increased to 2 from 1.
- Ionic Revolution Disentegrator FP increased from 18 to 20. It is also now an expert design.
- Note on the Ionic Revolution Isolus: Its reliance on long missiles forces it in a terrible buggy state to where its missiles seem to always get stuck in the gantries or terribly flipped around in some form. While I've fixed the issue of its AI getting blown up immediately it may still lose functionality in some missile pods. The issue itself is being looked into as far as I know.
- Ionic Revolution Harbinger FP increased from 50 to 60.
- Some other general QoL updates for some designs but nothing in particular.

Updates to come: Since this was an early hotfix to make the campaign more enjoyable from the start a lot has already been done. However there are other things to be done.

- Have HQs (placeholder or permanent) for all factions. Resource Zones are in debate.
- Utilize HQs to spawn the aerial boss craft as subvehicles. (Resolves the altitude issue, currently using self-destructing spawn sticks when possible to address this.)
- Update current craft to 2.0 specs, perform changes as needed.
- Possible other new designs and remakes
- Adjust spawning numbers
- Tidal Takeover (Tsunami Genesis 1v1 campaign)
- Vehement Takeover resource balance pass; it still needs the adjustments that are mentioned above.
- Skarz Outpost replaced.
- New Vehement Seekers copter, Piety. Originally intended to replace the Ardor, I decided to keep it a separate unit and moved the Ardor to easy. They're relatively the same size. (9FP, regular difficulty)
- Valiant Hydras Voltronic overhaul
- Miscellaneous remakes/redesigns/improvements
- Increase Midnight Exodus Gungnir FP to 50 from 45 (for real this time.)
- Twilight and Manglerfish going to be pushed back further. I wish I didn't have to.

2017-09-11, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-14 11:18 AM by ABYAY.)
RE: Terrus Asunder (v0.8.835 is released!)
I think I would like to release an update with some of the changes I've done thus far within the next couple of days. It isn't all of the changes mentioned in the last post but it still handles some balance aspects.

Campaign Changes: With some Vehement Seekers designs getting a bump up in fleet points and not too much stronger, early zones for Vehement Seekers will be getting bumped up a little bit. In tandem with the starting resources being increased, this will allow for more impactful fights from the start as opposed to fighting just one Gripe.

- Garrison size increased for starting Vehement Seekers zones.

Design Changes: As more 2.0 design changes come forth I've been doing some overhauls, namely to the Vehement Seekers. Several of their craft are starting to utilize autocannon turrets on two-axis turrets. This helps designs that were originally bound to missiles in small quantities and gives them an opportunity for more consistent DPS. Doing this gives them a stronger identity of a faction that wants power over defense, even if it means their craft explode! Also the start of the weapon conversion for the Valiant Hydras Voltronic tribe has begun.

- New Vehement Seekers copter, the Piety. It's a small attack copter with a frontal APS cannon, 4 multipurpose missiles, and two large torpedoes. 9FP, regular difficulty.

- Ardor moved to easy difficulty, FP increased to 9 from 8 by virtue of its slightly upgraded cannon and body.

- Several Vehement Seekers designs such as the Gripe, Wave, Skitter Gnat, and Peeve now have two-axis autocannon turrets. Fleet points are generally unchanged outside of the Peeve, which is now 3FP instead of 2FP. I also added an altitude failsafe to the Peeve due to feedback. It should no longer function above about 200m.

- Moxie and Animus have been given APS cannons over some weaker CRAM cannons. They're volatile and generally destroy most of the craft but the increase in power can make them formidable. At the same time however, the Moxie has lost its small torpedoes. Due to this change with the much stronger firepower, Animus FP increased to 12 from 10, Moxie FP unchanged.

- Verve cannons have been buffed to be stronger, APS is now more volatile but also much stronger. FP unchanged.

- Skarz Outpost changed to a new one submitted by Tyr3n.

- Embargo APS cannon vastly improved. Volatility increased due to this as well. It also features several autocannon turrets to serve as anti-air. It's still a special fleet design. The fleet will now feature 2 Pietys and 2 Ardors rather than 4 Ardors.

- Tsunami Genesis HQ will temporarily be replaced by the one submitted by JOJOBRN. Once a different HQ is received this will move to replace one of the Vortex resource zones.

- Ionic Revolution craft have had flak removed from their guns until further notice. With flak being rather worthless outside of CIWS I'd rather let them have a tougher time with air units or rely on other craft with more accurate weaponry (explosive shock PACs are going to be on the rise in this faction's use.)

- Dark Angels Reprisal has been gutted and remade to be created out of alloy and metal. It has a slightly new look to it but its purpose remains the same; it is a massive gunship that is filled with heavy frontal assault weapons, loads of bombs and torpedoes, and AA cannons to deal with fighters that would otherwise plague the Reprisal. Its FP and difficulty remain the same at 65FP, expert difficulty.

- Valiant Hydras Voltronic have started the conversion of their craft to new standards. Completed craft thus far are the Jigawatt and the Gigavolt. They may also receive a slightly different color scheme.

- Midnight Exodus Bullet FP increased from 28 to 32. (Having seen the block count for the Bullet along with its ability to outright beat down CRAM-happy ships, a slight FP increase should make it a little less troubling to combat since less support will be available.

- Midnight Exodus Gungnir FP increased from 45 to 50, for real this time. (As mentioned before, the reason for this change is because it seems that the Gungnir is a little too block-heavy and rather deadly for 45 FP. Increasing it to 50 will make it have a little less support in larger battles.)

Other Changes:

- Vehement Warpath spinoff campaign has received a rebalance of resources with some minor garrison adjustments.

- Tidal Takeover campaign added; face off against the Tsunami Genesis within part of Xereshol and the Hydrus Canyon.

- Minor lore improvements, added crediting lore and removed it where it was deemed necessary.