Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Various campaign vehicles modified to work under earthlike physics.
2018-06-17, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-19 08:41 AM by BioPhoenix.)
Various campaign vehicles modified to work under earthlike physics.
So I've been trying to build vehicles for FTD's Earth default settings of the game configuration lately, because those physics settings are harder to build for and more fun to play in than the Neter standards. (0.1 drag, 0.2 thrust from any component, 0.75 buoyancy to Neter's 1.25, and 2x damage.)

Of course, to really have fun with a setting, you need something to shoot at. So I've gone and modified most of the DWG Easy and some of the Normal vehicles and structures with a priority towards those that appear in the campaign so as to have more testing targets. I've also modified a handful of OW and Player vehicles in experimentation.

Some subset of these vehicles are better armed than their standard variants, usually gratuitously, especially the Vanguard, whose gun now packs explosive pellets, and the Sinner's Luck, which now has four additional pontoon-hulls in an attempt to keep it afloat and stable, each of which is armed with an autocannon as the ship's simple large cannons (mounted broadside) didn't seem to want to fire at all. The reason for this increased armament is that I wanted them to pose more of a threat.

Ships are the easiest to update with airships / thrustercraft / helicopters being second easiest. Airplanes are the hardest as in these physics settings it actually takes time flying level to get up to full speed. I didn't upgrade the Falkenheim's spawns, either, as I couldn't even get the standard Duster to perform as I'd like it to - it and the Drake perform acceptably under manual control but flail when in the service of the AI.

I mostly hope this vehicle pack is useful for people trying to build and test vehicles for the Earth default physics settings.

Currently present vehicles are...
Player: Cutlass, Orcinus, raft, Rapier, starting_rib. (Note that the Cutlass and Orcinus are very ... bouncy as no PIDs are installed. And I'm not sure the quality of the Rapier.)
DWG:Antlion, Atlas, AtlasRetrofit, CasketBolt, Coyote, Drake, Duster, Falkenheim (except its fighters), Hoplite, JacobsDelight, JacobsFolly, Javelin, Kalmar, MonkeyBarrel, Nessie, Ocelot, Patchwork, Rat, Red_Tuna, Riverhome, Scrapper, SeaAdder, SeaViper, Shuriken, Sinnersluck, Sinnersoutpost (including Sea Cobra drone), SkyViper, Sledge, Steamworks, SwordFish, Vanguard, Wanderlust, and WaterBuffalo.
OW: Bastion, Culverin.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Realistic Reworks June 2018.zip (Size: 1.22 MB / Downloads: 5)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-17, 06:35 PM
RE: Various campaign vehicles modified to work under earthlike physics.
Yeah, the Sinners Luck is most certainly not very stable.

Could you add a list in the text here of the modified ships? I know you have done Falkenheim, Vanguard, Sinner's Luck, probably Riverhome, Marauder, Red Tuna, Coyote, Sunfish, Hoplite, Atlas, and others.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-06-19, 08:41 AM
RE: Various campaign vehicles modified to work under earthlike physics.
(2018-06-17 06:35 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  Yeah, the Sinners Luck is most certainly not very stable.

Could you add a list in the text here of the modified ships? I know you have done Falkenheim, Vanguard, Sinner's Luck, probably Riverhome, Marauder, Red Tuna, Coyote, Sunfish, Hoplite, Atlas, and others.

Done. I haven't gotten to the Sunfish yet.