Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Campaign Setup] Reinstate the early game assault waves?
2018-06-16, 01:28 PM
[Campaign Setup] Reinstate the early game assault waves?
I remember fondly when starting the campaign meant getting ready for the sinners luck and a riverhome to come knocking on your door within the next few in-game hours.

It gave a fight to look out for, a neat challenge to construct good early game vessels, and a change to kickstart your warmachine by capturing one of the larger vessels.

in the good olde days, the airship gantries would all relentlessly hurl morays your way as a rite of passage.

the Deep water guard is one of my favourite factions to fight, and has Always been - due in large part to the cheer characteristics of their designs; From their derpy beginnings to the modern 2.x age. but these days, it's just less of a thrill.

I don't know if I'm the only one in this; but I'd love if some smaller and larger starting waves threaten you the moment war erupts, rather than the start of the war … just, you know. sort of happening.

there is much room in neter to add similar fun challenging spawns and things to other factions too. Maybe the devs could look into that too? The deepwater guard has Always felt the most "alive" of factions. I think it'd be great if the devs could get that feeling into fighting the other factions too?

Regardless, whenever a new version comes up, instating the starting assaults is the first thing I do in the campaign editor.

Imperium Age of Sail Campaign Custom Campaign Dev Idea

Check it out here!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-16, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-16 05:58 PM by MizarLuke.)
RE: [Campaign Setup] Reinstate the early game assault waves?
I would like that too. I think they were removed to give newbs more time to prepare, but they could be added as normal fleets already in existence near the player before the DWG declares war. Some of the classics like the Marauder, Riverhome, Kalmar, and Vanguard could be used to compose the first fleets.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-06-21, 06:43 PM
The way I seem to recall it working in the past is that a moray would come and wreck your base about fifteen minutes into the game.

A great nation is not a nation that rules the world. A great nation is a nation that realizes they don't have to.
2018-06-22, 02:19 AM
I don't know what campaign you were playing or what settings you were on, but a Moray normally wouldn't come for awhile. I don't even think it could get created and sent to you in 15 minutes, let alone be the first one and come straight West.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2018-06-22, 02:34 AM
I dunno, I didn't time it, but a moray always appeared fairly soon after the first crappy wave, no matter the difficulty. I got sick of it and FTDs general lack of balance and so I quit the campaign.

A great nation is not a nation that rules the world. A great nation is a nation that realizes they don't have to.
2018-06-22, 02:37 AM
huh. That definitely aint a thing now, and I never encountered it early myself.