Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
More scripted events in the campaign please.
2018-06-14, 11:32 AM
More scripted events in the campaign please.
In the campaign as is, there are approximately two significant scripted events and they both happen in the Deepwater Guard. (There are also minor scripted events for each faction's capital's demise, but they have only dialogue.)

The first of the significant ones is that after one hour's time, the DWG will declare war on you. (Usually, in my experience, long after I've declared war on them, but I usually strip the weapons from my starter fortress to make an unusually powerful starter ship.)

The second is that after you defeat the second DWG resource base (The Fishin' Hole), Captain Sal will appear and attack you with the stolen Wanderlust and beefed up Prowler. This provides a little bit of closure for the pre-campaign story missions, but this encounter itself has no closure.

I want more story events for all factions. Obviously none of them have as personal a tie to the player character as the DWG and Captain Sal in particular, but that doesn't mean they can't have characterization. I want to see word of significant enemy characters on other factions. I want to see more personalized boss vehicles. Perhaps above all I want more weird things to happen to reduce the somewhat of a slog that large parts of the main campaign are at present. (The endgame is especially bad, slogging through wave after wave of the same Scarlet Dawn thrustercraft from very densely populated tiles.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-14, 01:25 PM
RE: More scripted events in the campaign please.
With the current lackluster event system, what you can do is very limited.

[Image: vP4vDHc.png]

Check out my Zrytix, Land RTS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-06-14, 09:07 PM
Wasn't there something about the DWG having 12 pirate warlords? Could give each of them a custom vehicle\fleet. Sounds like a fun gauntlet to me!
2018-06-15, 04:45 AM
7. I believe 7. I know that Pathos and I think 2 or 3 others have vehicle design styles and have their own construction factions. Ruger is in the lore (actually a player featured in some of IreLan's videos. He built the current starting fortress. The guy who stole your bote and killed your fam is slated to fill that recently vacated position.

I thought of a few ideas, like an early post maybe 1.5 hours in, explaining the location of nearby forces, like the RZ and villages.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-06-15, 09:27 PM
(2018-06-15 04:45 AM)MizarLuke Wrote:  7. I believe 7. I know that Pathos and I think 2 or 3 others have vehicle design styles and have their own construction factions. Ruger is in the lore (actually a player featured in some of IreLan's videos. He built the current starting fortress. The guy who stole your bote and killed your fam is slated to fill that recently vacated position.

I thought of a few ideas, like an early post maybe 1.5 hours in, explaining the location of nearby forces, like the RZ and villages.

I'm not sure if they're actually dead - Captain Sal made a point of saying they were fished out and left in a lifeboat and still possible to save at the end of the DWG missions, but at the same time they never actually get mentioned again. But there's no story events afterwards either way so that's not saying much.
I'm not sure where I got 9 from, either, but I feel fairly certain it's nine, even if they've not all been mentioned. The named ones I remember are Ruger/Sal (same position), Goldwater, Pathos, Riker, and Sven Kno - I don't remember if any others.
2018-06-16, 06:02 PM
Good point. I think it is 9. I think it may say in the opening message or in the lore somewhere.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast