Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Friendly Craft Reviews!
2018-06-13, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-13 11:01 PM by BorderWise.)
Friendly Craft Reviews!
Hi everyone!

So this thread is essentially me outsourcing the video reviews of FtD craft I've been doing on my Youtube channel, as the waiting list is now officially going to take months for me to get through. Rather than make people wait so long for feedback, craft can be reviewed here instead. The process is simple:

1. Post a comment with your blueprint attached (preferably asking something specific about how it can be improved).
2. Wait for either me or one of the other folks reading the thread to give it a look-over and review. Smile

When reviewing someone's craft, remember to do the following:
1. Be positive AND negative. List both pros and cons.
2. Be respectful. Saying 'it's crap' is not helpful, and remember that everyone goes by their own rules when considering what is an exploit and what is cheesy.

There was a longer list of rules for submitting craft on my review series, but that's been thrown out the window now. Smile
Spinblock shenanigans, LUA, sub-vehicle nonsense etc. is allowed. There's also no strict size limit, but be aware that if your craft is too massive not everyone will be able to review it properly (by which I mostly mean me, with my 6 year old PC).
As for the channel, I WILL be finishing the current list of craft I currently have, so anyone who has submitted anything for the old Subscriber Craft Review will still get a video. Anything posted in this thread that garners significant interest MIGHT get featured in the new series I'll be doing called 'Weird and Wonderful', whether it's anything from gorgeous hull-work or admirably ambitious mistakes. No guarantees, though.

Have fun reviewing,
BorderWise.

CRAMS, LAMS, CIWS, APS, and other acronyms.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-13, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-13 11:33 PM by Monklizard.)
RE: Friendly Craft Reviews!
(2018-06-13 10:33 PM)BorderWise Wrote:  I'll be doing called 'Weird and Wonderful', whether it's anything from gorgeous hull-work or admirably ambitious mistakes.

Ya want something Weird and Wonderful even more Suppa Rare the community ever build? XD I hope this one didn't mess up your PC. Since this vehicle block is less than 8k.

[Image: ddOaw6V.jpg]

More Info Refer to link below.

MORE INFO

And... Blueprint Link below.

DOWNLOAD

Note: First!

[Image: LFKkJlX.png?1]
[Image: 8AIFkbk.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-06-13, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-13 11:08 PM by BorderWise.)
I just get a head that sinks. Perhaps check how you've rigged up the sub vehicles?

[Image: y1MoUHc.jpg]

2018-06-13, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-13 11:35 PM by Monklizard.)
let see... ok found the problems. I re-upload again... and done. I put it on the Download at the first page.

[Image: LFKkJlX.png?1]
[Image: 8AIFkbk.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-06-14, 12:31 AM
(2018-06-13 11:25 PM)Monklizard Wrote:  let see... ok found the problems. I re-upload again... and done. I put it on the Download at the first page.

Saluriakhirin (by Monklizard)

GENERAL NOTES:
- Similar to Twin Guard mech craft in functionality, but aesthetically very distinct.
- Designed for custom faction.

VEHICLES TESTED AGAINST:
- Scylla (BorderWise): Loss
- Treachery (White Flayers, Regular): Win
- Asphodel (Steel Striders, Godly): Loss
- Jormangand (Onyx Watch, Expert): Win
- Victoria (Steel Striders, Expert): Win

PROS:
- Looks awesome- numerous cunning use of blocks for aesthetics.
- Formidable repair abilities - sub-vehicle repair core.
- Good range of weapons: APS (x 4 348mm Skimmer HE Timed, x2 400mm HEAT, Frag), torpedoes, missiles, Impact PAC.
- Counter missiles, IR decoys, Sonar decoys
- Spinblock thruster range setting

CONS:
- Repair monster - eats materials like mad when under heavy fire.
- Low ammo reserves - relies on material-consuming ammo processors.
- Vulnerable to massed-damage, eg. CRAMS, missile swarms.
- Vulnerable to massed EMP.
- Injector engines: consumes fuel quickly.
- Guns need accuracy tweaks.

RECOMMENDED CHANGES:
- Radar decoys to go with counter missiles.
- Burst LAMS/ Simple laser CIWS.
- Stone/HA surrounding AI components.
- Internal armoured turrets.
- Smoke for laser and laser-guided missile defence.

FINAL VERDICT:
A beautiful, resilient and versatile Sci-Fi styled craft. Mind it doesn't eat all your money.

2018-06-14, 03:39 AM
Here's a small hovercraft, meant for DWG and early OW. I don't expect it to do well against anything at all WF or LH. It may do alright against some small GT or SS, but DWG and OW are the goal.

4x CRAMs, 6x simple lasers, 60ishm/s, 50m altitude and 30k cost. No ammo processors, but quite inefficient fuel engine.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint  Arrogant Class Semi-Armored Hovercraft.blueprint (Size: 91.55 KB / Downloads: 5)

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-06-14, 05:16 AM
(2018-06-14 03:39 AM)MizarLuke Wrote:  Here's a small hovercraft, meant for DWG and early OW. I don't expect it to do well against anything at all WF or LH. It may do alright against some small GT or SS, but DWG and OW are the goal.

4x CRAMs, 6x simple lasers, 60ishm/s, 50m altitude and 30k cost. No ammo processors, but quite inefficient fuel engine.

Just had a brief look at it and OMG, I love this thing. XD
I'll write up a full review soon.

2018-06-14, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-14 07:38 AM by Bobert.)
Just my Humboldt, but improved.
Really just more Dakka and armour at certain points.
I'm not amazing at FtD yet, but who is, and need help finding errors and things that need improvement.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Humboldt V2.blueprint (Size: 429.56 KB / Downloads: 4)
2018-06-14, 08:24 AM
This craft was built for fighting against WF and LH even TG. I like small craft circling around enemy but build small make them really fragile. So I need a tank to take all damage.

And this craft just built for this theme. With 2~3 layer shield at front, a lot smoke, decent HA, warp drive. But only 2 rapid fire advance cannon and no Repair bot.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint  Aquarius.blueprint (Size: 246.69 KB / Downloads: 4)
2018-06-14, 08:27 AM
This is cool, but I will miss the videos.

"If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid."-TheMightyJingles.

My last name is Proctor
The Proctor is a ship in the game
Yay. I'm happy.

Blueprint thread: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=28006