Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Laser transciever not working on second turret
2018-06-10, 08:58 AM
Laser transciever not working on second turret
I am trying to recreate a laser plane like this one:
http://www.northropgrumman.com/Capabilit...34x265.jpg
So i made a semisphere turret to hold the laser and another single axis turret to aim the laser up or down, but the issue is that i cant connect the main laser system to the laser turret (wich is as i said earlier mounted on another turret) i've tried connecting transcievers from the main laser system to the second turret, didnt work, i tried connecting it to the first turret and then to the second one, didnt work, am i doing something wrong or is it impossible to connect transcievers to turrets on turrets

also, if it is actually impossible to connect them, is there another way that i can mount my laser on a turret and still be able to aim everywhere without needing too many steering optics?

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Beriev A-60.blueprint (Size: 121.02 KB / Downloads: 4)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-10, 11:30 AM
RE: Laser transciever not working on second turret
(2018-06-10 08:58 AM)Lx35z_ Wrote:  also, if it is actually impossible to connect them, is there another way that i can mount my laser on a turret and still be able to aim everywhere without needing too many steering optics?

Yes, it is possible and i also fixed it for you. You need a transciever pair each time you go up the subconstruct level: For one turret you need two, For two stacked turrets you need four. Always going from the bottom through the middle of the turret to the top.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Beriev A-60.blueprint (Size: 123.41 KB / Downloads: 2)

When having problems please provide:
  • An accurate Description
  • A Picture
  • The Blueprint of the vehicle
Otherwise help is not possible.
2018-06-10, 11:34 AM
(2018-06-10 11:30 AM)Qwert26 Wrote:  Yes, it is possible and i also fixed it for you. You need a transciever pair each time you go up the subconstruct level: For one turret you need two, For two stacked turrets you need four. Always going from the bottom through the middle of the turret to the top.

Thank you, i was starting to think that i would have to use docking ports or front facing lasers
2018-06-15, 10:21 PM
(2018-06-10 11:30 AM)Qwert26 Wrote:  
(2018-06-10 08:58 AM)Lx35z_ Wrote:  also, if it is actually impossible to connect them, is there another way that i can mount my laser on a turret and still be able to aim everywhere without needing too many steering optics?

Yes, it is possible and i also fixed it for you. You need a transciever pair each time you go up the subconstruct level: For one turret you need two, For two stacked turrets you need four. Always going from the bottom through the middle of the turret to the top.

You can also make do with just one transceiver per level (counting the main construct as a level) as long as that transceiver is pointed directly towards the next turret's base, such as if the second turret is directly above the first. Transceivers can also actually accept transceiver connections from their backs. It's a little janky looking, but it works.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint  Transceiver Chain Demo.blueprint (Size: 36.18 KB / Downloads: 0)