Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gunship and Bomber Falkenheim Varients (now with heavy bomber!)
2018-06-06, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-08 10:32 PM by Renthrak.)
Gunship and Bomber Falkenheim Varients (now with heavy bomber!)
A couple days ago I captured another DWG Falkenheim carrier in the Neter campaign. I decided that I wanted to keep it and get a good use out of it. So I made it into a gunship. This retrofit features a speed of 24m/s, 47600 cost, PIDs for pitch and roll (and making a passive 2* roll left), 3 powerful APS, 2 CRAMs, 20 missiles, one flare launcher, RTG power (just like 6k cost worth, probably better than a fuel engine in this case) no detection equipment, and moderate armor, particularly on the left (gunbearing) side. The only current flaws are that it doesn't always use the right broadside, it needs spawned in facing to the right of the enemy fleet so it uses the left side mounted guns, and that it doesn't have much ammo (the guns have 90 or 900 shells stored, so nearly 2 minutes for the minigun and nearly 3 for the big guns, missiles are mainly alpha strike).

Weapon stats:
2x 500mm 4m HPHEFrag firing 34rpm each (takes up a 7x9x6 space each)
1x 175mm beltfed solid/sabot firing 575rpm (takes up a 7x9x6 space)
2x 1500mm HE CRAM firing every 13 seconds
20 frag missiles launched from a hidden middle compartment
4x flares launched by ACB (no missile warners, just a fire every x seconds)

A slightly modified version (with detection) will be submitted to AnerDyfan's next Neter playthrough, though I'm unsure what side it will end on.

I hope you like the design, once more it is a retrofitted campaign vehicle, not my own creation, so credit to whoever made the original, I just improved on it outside campaign limits (if DWG had this strong of guns on very many craft, they wouldn't be the first faction). I also plan to make a heavy bomber varient, just for fun, and it'll probably be closer to the original with the carrier doors now being bomb bay doors.

.blueprint  Gunship Falkenheim.blueprint (Size: 218.28 KB / Downloads: 5)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-06, 07:14 PM
RE: Gunship Falkenheim
Very nice Smile
2018-06-06, 07:26 PM
umm im just gonna take one... thanks
2018-06-06, 10:38 PM
Glad you like it. I'm currently working on a bomber version with 8 2m CRAMs and 42 4-block mines. The CRAMs alone can shoot a 7m wide hole through the Plunderer's hull at the middle, though they do cost over 24k resources.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2018-06-08, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-08 09:40 AM by Normal69.)
4 block mines of what config?
I think magnet and payload is needed - do we need fins+detection nose+apn guidance, or some could be left out?

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-06-08, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-08 10:32 PM by Renthrak.)
AAAAHHHHGGG ADBOT WHY???!!

(2018-06-08 12:56 PM)MichChamb Wrote:  Don't quote the adbot.

2018-06-08, 08:29 PM
Here is the next addition to the Falkenheim air force, the bomber varient of the Falkenheim. Like the gunship, this version has 4 distinct 7 long sections with wall between to prevent chain reactions.

The payload:
8x 2,000mm HE CRAM bombs with inertial and altitude (set to 0 or -5) fuses
26x 500mm 6m HESH/HEAT railgun bombs (2 systems with 13 shells each and are ACB-fired (AI won't aim or fire them))
42x 4m missile bombs in 3 sections (two sections are APN-guided, one is simply magnetic)

Other weapons:
3x defensive 96rpm 200mm 2-barreled beltfed HE/frag (two front-facing in engine pods, one back-facing in tail)

The missile section is 1m shorter and the APS is 1m taller than the CRAM section, which is also 1m longer. You can still adjust these to your preference to get the optimal number of each bomb type.

It flies at ~26m/s and has PIDs for yaw (sorta works, help would be appreciated for the settings), pitch, and roll. There are 7 AI: navigation, defensive guns, front CRAMs (has aimpoint), back CRAMs, and 3 for the missile bombs. 175 ammo boxes. Unfortunately, the AI only likes to fire 1 of the front CRAMs, the back right one, for some reason. Help with that would be nice. The cost is much higher, with the CRAM section costing 24k resources in itself. There are 8 bomb bay doors, one for each section, and they operate independently, though they are controlled by a pair of master ACBs. They are just wooden 4m slopes, not the best for armor, but painted metal looks horrible next to painted wood (see the sides of the very back bit of the tail) Like the gunship, it's powered by a single 3x3x3 RTG.

As for attack ability, this thing can kill a Prowler Elite (The Prowler) in one or two runs, most large Easy and Medium designs, and deal hefty damage to Godlies (though I couldn't do too much testing because of lag reasons). The CRAMs themselves can shoot a hole all the way through a Plunderer in the middle where the ammo brick is (5m wide metal with ammo mixed in).

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint  Bomber Falkenheim.blueprint (Size: 212.66 KB / Downloads: 2)

2018-06-09, 01:26 AM
RE: Gunship and Bomber Falkenheim Varients (now with heavy bomber!)
Wow. two quotes come into my mind.
“I am death, destroyer of worlds”
“Oh god, what have we done?”
2018-06-09, 02:56 AM
I do really like it, much explosion. Now I just need to do the same to a flying Bulwark or the Eyrie *idea pops into head*. I'm tempted to make a version with only AP CRAM bombs and a lot more dispersion so it will shoot 10 shells into different places and they all go straight through. That would be murder for ammo and most large systems like engines, lasers, or cannons. I may make some pendepth in the normal version, but I wanted to keep it simple.

2018-06-09, 11:13 AM
My fleet needs an airship. F*ck history, this is so cool!