Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[New Part Idea] Turret Rings
2018-06-06, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-06 05:38 PM by Vestromgames.)
[New Part Idea] Turret Rings

Only Availble In 3m and 5m Variant For 5m has 3x3 hole 3m has 1x1 hole
Makes Tanks and battleship cannons more practical than just destroying the bottom of their ship or the surface of the ship to destroy the weapon Now i can place it in the middle of a ship and suspended with a ring of heavy armor and surge protectors around a turret ring in the middle of my ship like an actual ship bearing system
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-06, 06:26 PM
RE: [New Part Idea] Turret Rings
Interesting idea I suppose. Would it come with a durability tradeoff? It stands to reason that this mechanism would be less structurally sound. Also, I merged your posts together, sorry for doing so without asking.
2018-06-06, 07:27 PM
(2018-06-06 06:26 PM)Vorpalim Wrote:  Interesting idea I suppose. Would it come with a durability tradeoff? It stands to reason that this mechanism would be less structurally sound. Also, I merged your posts together, sorry for doing so without asking.

Quite alright yes it would be half as strong but 10% faster rotation speed due to not being a giant slab of metal
2018-06-07, 03:25 AM
(2018-06-06 07:27 PM)Vestromgames Wrote:  
(2018-06-06 06:26 PM)Vorpalim Wrote:  Interesting idea I suppose. Would it come with a durability tradeoff? It stands to reason that this mechanism would be less structurally sound. Also, I merged your posts together, sorry for doing so without asking.

Quite alright yes it would be half as strong but 10% faster rotation speed due to not being a giant slab of metal

maybe an armored variant, slower but similar health?

Builds things*
*Quality Varies
2018-06-07, 03:36 AM
How would the hit box work? Can things in FtD have hollow hitboxes? I think the best way would be to give it a 1m hole in the middle for 3 and 5m, or a 3x3 + shape for 5m. A 3x3 square would put the corners a bit too thin, I think.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-06-07, 03:19 PM
AFAIK block's bounding box must be cuboid.
2018-06-07, 09:36 PM
Then make it cuboid or just a single block hole in the center then
2018-06-08, 06:42 AM
AFAIK you can't make hole in the bounding box.
2018-06-10, 01:04 AM
What would it take to make a hole in the bounding box for this engine? a whole rework? if so it will still open the doors to new part possibilities maybe worth it?
2018-06-10, 07:52 AM
(2018-06-10 01:04 AM)Vestromgames Wrote:  What would it take to make a hole in the bounding box for this engine? a whole rework? if so it will still open the doors to new part possibilities maybe worth it?

It is rarely needed and probably would require reworking water and helium pumps, damage mechanics, detection rating algorithm and probably few more systems.
It also has high chances of requiring rework of . blueprint files which would require maintaining backwards compatibility or developing tool to update blueprint.