Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Nother Neter Playthrough
2018-07-12, 09:35 PM
RE: A Nother Neter Playthrough
We now have over 30 builders providing vehicles for this series! Great to see all the designs, hope they can be shown soon.

Watch my YouTube videos!
My personal Discord
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-07-12, 10:59 PM
Whoo! Glad to see my Silents getting their day in the sun. I remember I had some trick to get the Run to spawn in properly but yes, it did turn out to be a bit more hassle than it was worth in the campaign (although it can often get within 100m of the enemy before they even know it's there if autodetect is set to 0, with predictably hilarious results). Pity I can't get to my PC to fix the Run, and give the Aetós some missile defenses which I'm sure it'll end up needing, but ah well, at least the Silents are doing great! And with two, you shouldn't have to worry about enemy torpedoes.
Might I recommend that you take a look at the map view during battles? When you have lots of torpedo and missile craft it can really help figure out what's going on, just hit M and zoom in till you get a representational view or hit E and zoom out till the same happens, you'll see what I mean.
2018-07-13, 01:49 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-07-13 02:42 PM by MizarLuke.)
I'm a bit dissapointed with your continuation of a heavy reliance upon subs, which I view as more than slightly cheesy, since most of the designs you face don't have sonar, and of the aircraft only a handfull have buoys, so they are all but invisible, plus nearly impossible to hit. I would like it if you use more surface and air craft. Similar thing for the missile and torp orbiter from Richard Dastardly, it's a bit cheesy for just the DWG.

I would also like to see some aircraft or CRAM ships, since you have neither. I know you have several fighters, and I've given you a bomber and I have more if you want them.

As far as dealing with the OW timed spawn things, perhaps you can reduce the time between the phases, so castle ships come even sooner.

If you ever find yourself doing too well, you can always declare on OW and dedicate some forces there.

Anyways, here is a hovercraft at just under 10k cost with a fairly basic AP gun and some torps. It has strength 5 shields on all 3 side (triangles!) and is fast at 60m/s. It'll add some more variety to your fleet if nothing else. You can just use it for now if you want one of my designs but don't want the fragile Dooms or the 30k Arrogant. Now that I think of it, you can change the center PID to altitude terrain if it fighting near land, and up the altitude if needed based on location.

.blueprint  Trinity Interceptor.blueprint (Size: 65.32 KB / Downloads: 1)

Edit: I actually went ahead and made those changes, setting it to altitude terrain and 25m altitude, as well as other minor chnages such as a longer barrel and more recoil absorbtion.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-07-13, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-07-13 09:53 AM by Normal69.)
I am a lot appointed by using tactical advantages (like subs).

In a quick stress-analysation of different playstyles I can group them as:
-civilians
-pilots
-commanders

Pilots get the best enjoyment factor - they are who spend time with their avatars - piloting different units with joy, changing them as they get damaged. They usually don't notice annoying things in the heat of the battle, but their direct control means a lot of winning one. They sometimes do in-combat modifications, and would like that Adventure mode spawns be more often, and like MULTIPLAYER.

Civilians get the most of the stress in game, as they are making funny self-imposed rules independent of the current battle situation, and never touch a unit in combat - not even modifying their movement via map mode.
Needless to say the problematic events make them the most angry bunch, because they have the time to observe, but don't use the ability to modify and remedy the situation.
These people often make hastly suggestions or demands on the game balance, based upon their personal in-game code of honour, calling others by names, which usually are cheesish.

Commanders are using every feature of the game, but use global controls more than pilots.
They are examining the tactical situation, and not sky to use a mountain for cover or send missile submarines agains airships, because the main point of the war beside winning it is to stay alive.
Stress factor is neutral, because if you get into the wrong trouser leg, it's entirely your problem - not like you haven't done everything, so the defeat is at least equitable and fair.

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-07-13, 09:20 PM
Hello there,

I've managed to complete a ship that perfectly fits the SS cost limit. I call her NCS Serenity:
[Image: yeSYIOW.jpg]

Though to be honest, there's nothing "serene" about her capabilities on the front line. Thanks to her massive topredo armament, she can not only eliminate a Bulwark, but also solo tank it thanks to her omni-directional STR 7 SmartShield system, and she is a powerhouse in the engine department, packing a monstrous 135 PPBB Kinesis Mass Driver, the most powerful steam engine I've ever built, and probably the strongest engine of all - the best power engine I've seen so far only has 68 PPBB. She can also take care of herself outside combat - set her down in an infinite RZ and she will happily refuel and rearm for the next engagement. She can even help build other boats!

I can't wait to see her in battle.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  NCS Serenity.blueprint (Size: 311.32 KB / Downloads: 1)
2018-07-13, 11:34 PM
Don't worry Mizarluke, the cheese strats won't be too much. I just got a bit spooked by that Prowler in ep1 so responded with more subs instead of a surface craft. As soon as I have enough materials I'll be a lot more blasé about our forces, which at the current rate will be next episode, since I'm going to scrap the logistics craft I began. And we are on track to cap the new RZ.

Watch my YouTube videos!
My personal Discord
2018-07-16, 12:54 AM
We're getting to a much more comfortable position for our resources, soon I'll be able to add in new fleets.

Watch my YouTube videos!
My personal Discord
2018-07-16, 02:33 AM
Did you ever wind up keeping that Atlas Retrofit you captured? If you did, I've got a retrofitted version you can retrofit it to to use. Now that's a lot of retrofitting. You may also need to add detection, I can't recall if this particular design has it or not.

I suggest that you send your split into 2 fleets, sending your cheessier forces, the subs and orbiter, northward, where the terrain doesn't hurt them, and the new air fleet East.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Atlas.blueprint (Size: 133.28 KB / Downloads: 0)

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-07-18, 04:25 PM
I've just made a small artillery boat which might be useful for you. It and a silent together cost juuust under 15k, so if one of the silents dies, maybe consider spawning this in alongside the remaining one. It uses a 500mm direct-feed cannon to deliver a punch from way above its weight class every 20 seconds, and a 36mm inertial-frag minigun to keep itself and the fleet safe from pesky fliers. It's well-armoured for its size, but has no active defenses, so it won't work well without a fleet to support. Its best feature in my opinion is that it costs almost nothing to keep it supplied, just a pittance in fuel; because it uses passive ammo regen to keep its guns firing.

Note that if you want to swap out the inertial frag for something else on the big gun, you should try to keep the ratio of shell to gunpowder to fuze constant, as it has been optimised for the current ratio.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  PR Wolverine.blueprint (Size: 57.59 KB / Downloads: 1)
2018-07-18, 06:53 PM
Minor rule change: I won't spawn in duplicates anymore, but the slot remains the same. ie one of the silents are going.

Watch my YouTube videos!
My personal Discord