Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shaun's Ships! {NEW!} [Nymph Class Torpedo Boat]
2018-06-04, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-05 01:53 AM by Shaun.)
RE: Shaun's Ships! {NEW!} [Coastal Battleship Alseid]
(2018-06-03 11:48 PM)HaliBURD Wrote:  I think since it's a coastal vessel, the lack of fire power is actually quite nice as it is. It makes the build feel much more novel and realistic to real life monitors or other coastal ships.

Though having a little dakka gun on the back would be nice.... Having guns on Alseids would pretty kewl.

I see what you did there HaliBURD

And thanks! I'm working on a retrofit as we speak!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-04, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-04 12:20 AM by Shaun.)
RE: Shaun's Ships! {NEW!} [Alseid Retrofit]
Coastal Battleship: Alseid Class Retrofit
As requested, the Alseid, with guns on Alseids Wink
Couldn't quite fit another 380mm without armouring it up, but could fit a single 250mm just fine, with room to spare for armour. Its faster fire-rate compliments the retrofitted ship quite well actually. Also moved the lifeboats around so the new gun has a 310° rotation range.

Alseid Class Retrofit
*Stats equal to Alseid, unless stated below*
Cost: 19,190 resources
Displacement: ~1200 tons, 2292 blocks
Armament:
+1 x 10inch (254mm) cannon @ ~18rpm. Range 5,000m.
Projectile:
+10inch cannon; GP->GP->HE->HE->HE->SQ head.

[Image: vS7oEL5.jpg?1]

[Image: 5rcldbB.jpg?1]

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Alseid-Class Retrofit.blueprint (Size: 130.72 KB / Downloads: 12)
2018-06-04, 04:00 AM
RE: Shaun's Ships! {NEW!} [Coastal BB Alseid Retrofit]
These are some beautiful ships. I'll go check them out.

[Image: fvn8BOX.gif] [Image: RFSgkaw.gif]
2018-06-04, 06:17 PM
The retrofit looks pretty good. Moar gun! You can try out how it looks using spinblocked angled railings rather than using ERA slopes, those are the two normal options. You can see which one you like best. With how many different angles you have, the ERA looks a bit jagged, and spinblocks may make it a bit smoother. Still looks amazing, I may steal a hull and superstructure for myself at some point, since I can't do those.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-06-04, 09:19 PM
(2018-06-04 06:17 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  The retrofit looks pretty good. Moar gun! You can try out how it looks using spinblocked angled railings rather than using ERA slopes, those are the two normal options. You can see which one you like best. With how many different angles you have, the ERA looks a bit jagged, and spinblocks may make it a bit smoother. Still looks amazing, I may steal a hull and superstructure for myself at some point, since I can't do those.

Thanks! Spin-blocks are expensive for what they do so I'll stick to the ERA for now. I don't think it looks too bad given the ships are painted dark grey. The biggest up of using paddles as railings is they have a very low weight of 1, and ERA slopes have the smallest area for a sloped block that I know of. Hulls can be a pain, especially the larger they get. Practice and experimentation help. I'll admit my superstructures aren't too good either; I tend to just build a basic shape, then add and experiment with details.
2018-06-04, 09:19 PM
(2018-06-04 04:00 AM)afjklol Wrote:  These are some beautiful ships. I'll go check them out.

Thanks Smile
2018-06-05, 02:02 AM
So my current plans are to build:
-Torpedo boat, which should be released tomorrow.
-A ship based on the Tingyuen layout. Should be big enough for more dakka.
-A small submarine.

Further builds will get consistently larger and more powerful, as was in history. I will take requests into consideration.
2018-06-06, 09:46 PM
Torpedo Boat: Nymph Class
The Nymph Class Torpedo boat is designed to be a cheap and quick to build, able to compliment larger ships or work well in groups. They feature 8-metre torpedoes with both explosive and frag warheads for maximum damage against ships. These new torpedoes are designed to propel themselves straight to a target hull, no matter if they're on the surface or a hundred metres under. The boat also features 4-twin 3.5inch cannons with generic AP rounds; effective against both sea and air targets.

Nymph Class
Type: Torpedo Boat
Cost: 7,462 resources
Displacement: ~470 tons, 709 blocks
Length: 59m
Beam: 9m
Draught: 5m
Installed power: 1x 400hp fuel engine.
Propulsion: 2 x 3metre screws
Speed: average 17.0m/s (33.0kn).
Endurance: ~2 hours 20 minutes (5,000 fuel, max 0.6 fuel/s), or 142km (77nm)
Armament:
-4x2 3.5inch (89mm) cannons @ ~22rpm each. Range 1,500m. (AA capability)
-5 Eight-metre torpedoes; 5 explosive, 3 frag. Range 5,000m.
Projectile:
-3.5inch cannons; GP->GP->GP->HE->HE->SQ head.
Armour: 1m-2m wood all round.
Other notes:
-No detection.
-All guns and torpedoes have custom constraints.
-Endurance does not put ammo processors into account.
-4 repair bots.

[Image: qjv3E0C.jpg?1]

[Image: HSyA71F.jpg?1]

[Image: UZIuco8.jpg?1]

Battle effectiveness; not bad actually. Its low profile makes it hard to hit, which is bad for the slower firing guns of the DWG and OW. Its torpedoes are fantastic against weak hulls, and the deeper the hull, the more damage these babies do. The frag helps against metal protection somewhat. The guns are nothing special; they spray ships with tiny holes, slowly but surely eating away what the torpedoes can't. Can take out the occasional duster or two. Don't expect any miracles though; this is a starter vessel through and through.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Nymph-Class.blueprint (Size: 65.31 KB / Downloads: 10)
2018-06-06, 10:33 PM
RE: Shaun's Ships! {NEW!} [Nymph Class Torpedo Boat]
Pretty nice. Looks a bit like a sub, but pretty good.

I myself would have given it like 5 of those turrets, but I always give my stuff too much gun...

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-06-06, 10:37 PM
RE: Shaun's Ships! {NEW!} [Nymph Class Torpedo Boat]
(2018-06-06 10:33 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  Pretty nice. Looks a bit like a sub, but pretty good.

I myself would have given it like 5 of those turrets, but I always give my stuff too much gun...

Ssssshhhhhh can never have enough dakka...

^ *Has a serious problem when it comes to building.... Can never bother to change out of the wood building blocks*
Also loves making things fly..... Even if they really shouldn`t.
Makes the dirtiest, grimiest, Cringeworthy ship related puns ever.
[Image: aq47WXu.png]