Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
FtD Block Counter Utility
2018-06-01, 01:23 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-04 02:02 AM by SLK18.)

Here is a C++ script I made for counting the blocks of a .blueprint file.

[Image: xhpNluD.png]

This tool allows you to count blocks for your blueprint
and any other blueprints in the player profile

Put the blockcounter.exe and modfolderlink.txt in the constructable folder of your player profile
C:\Users\Admin\Documents\From The Depths\Player Profiles\Exampleplayer\Constructables

*Although you can place the exe and modfolderlink in any directory, blueprints just need to be in the same directory*

If you didn't install FtD at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\From The Depths\From_The_Depths_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods

then just copy-paste file path for "...\From_The_Depths_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods" into modfolderlink.txt file

All you need is the zip file, unless you are a developer.
//If you are a dev, feel free to improve upon it.
Source Code:

https://github.com/SKnudson13/FtD_Block_Counter_Utility

V2.1: Performance, reliability, and readability improvements
V2.2: More performance and readability optimizations

*It should support all mod blocks, assuming their format is similar to the FtD vanilla format. Additionally, it should also maintain a valid dictionary throughout all future FtD updates.*
Also thank you to Gladyon for giving me an idea how GUID's work in FtD. Big Grin

Attached File(s)
.zip  FtD_BCU_2.2.zip (Size: 634.76 KB / Downloads: 2)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-01, 09:30 PM
RE: FtD Block Counter Utility
Neat! Small critique: I'd move the count onto the left, since it has a much less variable size, so that it can be closer to the block description. It's pretty hard to see what lines up to what counter in the middle there. Something like:
Code:
1x block type 1
1x block type 2
3x missile controllers
1x block type 3
2018-06-02, 05:29 AM
RE: FtD Block Counter Utility
(2018-06-01 09:30 PM)vyrus Wrote:  Neat! Small critique: I'd move the count onto the left, since it has a much less variable size, so that it can be closer to the block description. It's pretty hard to see what lines up to what counter in the middle there. Something like:
Code:
1x block type 1
1x block type 2
3x missile controllers
1x block type 3

That would be a lot easier to see. I'll push that in the next update when I also make it so you guys can just copy the literal directory.