Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Force from propellers
2018-05-20, 08:34 PM
Force from propellers
Is there a way to get more force from propellers without placing a ton on the back of your ship? looks ugly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-05-20, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-05-20 09:30 PM by MizarLuke.)
RE: Force from propellers
There is a way to hack your blueprints in order to get a boosted propellor, I'll check to see if I can find out who knows how to do that.

Edit: Found who it was, Richard Dastardly.

(2018-04-07 08:06 PM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  I use bp-hacked 400% prefab props now, which has it's own problems in that you can't use ACBs on them anymore, but whatever ( and woo you save a few hundred RP, I'm going to hell for that ). I agree with all the above, the drag thing is a definite annoyance. Also agree about the drag/thrust balance, I'll try not to drag KSP into that again Tongue

You can try personal messaging him if he doesn't reply in a day or two. Someone else may also know and reply below.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-05-20, 09:56 PM
Alternatively, you can put dedicated heliblades in the hull, set to moter driven 10.

Builds things*
*Quality Varies
2018-05-20, 11:37 PM
Sorry there's no legitimate way to make props stronger. You can make internal flooded compartments with props in them though, they just need a path out of the ship, so you'll need a 1x1 hole in the bottom for them to work. If you don't like having a tiny hole in the bottom of your ship to allow this then you can solve that by using another dubious technique by adding a spinblock and patching the hole with a square corner piece. That way the hull is seamless and you aren't being too exploitative.
2018-05-21, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-05-21 12:07 AM by DraWay.)
There's another more "cheaty" way, props on spinblocks. But sadly, no other way than spam or "cheats". I personally prefer "cheats", as spam must die.
Hope it will be sorted eventually...
2018-05-21, 02:11 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys Smile
2018-05-22, 03:13 PM
Outright using spinblocks to mount them is too cheaty. The way I gave is mostly tournament legal, only quibble would be the spinblock hull patch, which I suggested making with the weakest possible piece of armor to assuage the guilt of being cheaty.