Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would a combination of LUA and ACBs make it possible to warp INTO an enemy vehicle?
2018-05-18, 12:25 AM
Would a combination of LUA and ACBs make it possible to warp INTO an enemy vehicle?
Presumably, using the ACB to initiate the warp via the LUA doing something to trigger it.

Why on earth would someone want to teleport INSIDE an enemy vehicle, you ask?

Telepedos. Which looks kinda bad now that I actually type it. Lets call them warpedos instead. Or is that not much better?

...Whatever. Nukes that teleport inside the enemy ship and blow up. THAT is why you would want to warp inside an enemy ship. Because you are a nuke. And you want to blow up. And you are too lazy to fly all the way over to that enemy ship, which would probably try to shoot you anyway. Such a pain. It would be much easier if you could just instantly be at the target. You are clearly a very lazy nuke. As far as nukes go, you are also just smart enough to ponder such things, but not nearly smart enough to be concerned with what happens AFTER you blow up. You may be barely smart enough to comprehend someone making jokes about "smart bombs."

You are a very interesting nuke, huh?

Jokes aside, is something like this possible?

Your giant expensive powerful warship of doom can be destroyed by dropping an anvil on it. One day, I will finally have enough engines to actually make a ship without stopping to make more engines.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-05-18, 12:27 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-05-18 12:28 AM by HerpeDerp.)
RE: Would a combination of LUA and ACBs make it possible to warp INTO an enemy vehicle?
It definitely is possible. You can also teleport blocks of rubber into the enemy and then reel them in with a docking station. I made something like this but the game crashes when I try to load the blueprint
2018-05-18, 12:41 AM
RE: Would a combination of LUA and ACBs make it possible to warp INTO an enemy vehicle?
Hehe warpedos
2018-05-18, 08:56 AM
Last night hotseat drunken engineering resulted a cute little unit called BroodMother.She only wants to latch onto the enemy armour, burrow inside, then builds a nest of nukes. :3

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-05-18, 01:00 PM
I have a modified Nuclear torpedo that rams into ships and builds a nuke inside them.

[Image: JRbbeB2m.png][Image: kT4DxcMm.png]
All hail the Queen!
2018-05-18, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-05-18 04:46 PM by MizarLuke.)
More than just a smart nuke, you are a nuke with friends, specifically 6 friends about 20m away from you, one in each direction (this will spread the damage even more for little extra cost).

Could someone create such a script and post it? I am not sure quite how you would do it, though.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-06-26, 07:50 PM
And, yes, if anyone here reads the webcomic Schlock Mercenary, I may or may not have gotten the idea from that.

Your giant expensive powerful warship of doom can be destroyed by dropping an anvil on it. One day, I will finally have enough engines to actually make a ship without stopping to make more engines.
2018-06-27, 06:09 AM
Ahh good ol terraporting, you could measure the maximum distance your vehicle can warp and then set an acb to active at that range from the enemy vehicle (it tracks the origin block/first block placed as the distance point). A few thrusters on 2axis turrets with an aim point set to centre of mass for kamikazi attack and you should be able to get something to that effect without having to resort to lua (luas performance impact for anything that isnt very simple is quite extreme).
2018-06-27, 02:59 PM
Luas impact on performance isn't too bad in my experience as long as you stay away from certain API methods such as I:GetMissileInfo (the deprecated missile info thingy). A single call to that method will take longer than a couple hundred lines of math.

Anyway, the limitation when using just ACBs is that you have to be at exactly the right range when the vehicle warps. When you do it with Lua, you can just wait until the warp drive is charged the right amount which, provided you stay within the maximum range, will always happen at some moment regardless of how you and the target move.
2018-06-28, 12:55 AM
I dont know about LUA, but I've actually seen a version of this demonstrated on YouTube... warping into or partially into a target and detonating the nuke. So I know it's definitely possible

(Is in your ship, stealing your turrets!)

Mods/extra blocks

After Cataclysm (and the separate 'railings' mod as well)
Dynamic Kinetics Simple Re-skin (armored glass)
Wrought Iron Armor
Structural Foam
Aero-alloy
More Corners 0.3