Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bring back old simple cannon sounds?
2018-05-13, 11:40 PM
Bring back old simple cannon sounds?
Maybe its just nostalgia I dont know. But when i started playing FtD i had the simple cannon sound where it was a metal scratchy sounding reload, you should know what i mean if youve been playing a while. And frankly i loved the sound. then they removed it in an update and ive sorta missed it for a while now. getting the simple cannon reload sound changed back would be really fun to me Smile[/font]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-05-13, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-05-13 11:54 PM by khaz.)
RE: Bring back old simple cannon sounds?
I could add a reload sound to it, the old grind clunk. Would need to see enough evidence that more people would prefer it that way and nicks go ahead
2018-05-14, 12:10 AM
Hopefully then people would like it back too ;D
2018-05-14, 10:56 AM
Maybe you could make sounds easy to mod so people who want something different can have it easily.
2018-05-14, 04:04 PM
I think a mix between the new and old?
like the Clunkieness of the old combined with the actually shot of the new one just with a little lower pitch

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2018-05-14, 04:52 PM
I don't use simple cannons or much volume, but I would like that.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-05-15, 08:03 AM
Is there a mod which tones down the firing effect size on cannons?
I usually go mad ammowise, and have a lot of barrels. Wink

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-05-15, 09:33 AM
The weapon sounds have to be quite short due to a max of 20 of them playing as the same time and if I remember correctly sounds being able to be skipped if they have played for longer than half a second. The simple cannons are really short due to them generally used en masse, and it sounds really nice and natural with a full broadside onslaught.
I'm up for making them a bit bassier (I'm a sucker for bass) though even if adding a reload clunk makes it clip badly during gameplay.
All depends if more people are for it or against (perhaps add a poll?)
2018-05-21, 10:50 PM
(2018-05-15 09:33 AM)khaz Wrote:  The weapon sounds have to be quite short due to a max of 20 of them playing as the same time and if I remember correctly sounds being able to be skipped if they have played for longer than half a second. The simple cannons are really short due to them generally used en masse, and it sounds really nice and natural with a full broadside onslaught.
I'm up for making them a bit bassier (I'm a sucker for bass) though even if adding a reload clunk makes it clip badly during gameplay.
All depends if more people are for it or against (perhaps add a poll?)

Yea that would work i would really like that Big Grin maybe if not all of that if i could get sound file and maybe figure out how to make a mod back to it.... I do like the thought other people gave with a mixture, having a clean sounding bassier shot, and a small clunk like it had before would be amazing. i mainly liked the last part of its reload that had the lil echo sound to it you know? having a slighter cleaner version of that would be cool by me ;D