Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
High caliber APS Shells
2018-04-19, 05:23 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-04-26 04:02 AM by pirogi2be.)
High caliber APS Shells
Edit:
Alright are high caliber shells better than using low caliber spam shells (frag why u op)
and if it is viable
what shell designs are good and what gauge
and if I need a big area for it
(i like making my own turrets don't link your stuff)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-04-19, 05:51 AM
RE: High caliber APS Shells
Hey, here is a template for all of the sizes of symmetrical turrets for spin clearances, I usually just spawn one of these next to my building platform with power, resources, and sensors for turret building testing. Once you have that you can know how much space you will have to work with based on what it's final size will be. For me I've been using a 13x13x10H turret with 128 3m autoloaders no-clip fed, and it can mega burst that in a few seconds or continuous fire on .3 or .35 firing delay. For shells gunpowder,base bleeder, HE,HE, SQASH head. 300mm-402mm gun take your pick, really take your pick on shells, HEAT has been nerfed it used to be very OP. SQASH heads are great against anything but shields. If shields then extra inertial fused HE with enough payload to send some damage beyond the shield it burst on. Really it's that a 13x13 gun is the most space efficient for the size. It wastes little space on it's spin clearances.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  SpinBlockTemplates.blueprint (Size: 173.27 KB / Downloads: 12)
2018-04-19, 06:02 AM
The same layout you can cleanly do 64 6m loaders, then 402mm fits well in the customizer and you can max out the HE effective range with enough damage to break metal at a distance. Also saves a lot of time on reload over the 500mm.
2018-04-19, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-04-19 01:29 PM by MizarLuke.)
I'm pretty sure pirogi2be is asking about what shells are good at high gauges, not for some turrets.

I tend to use HE/frag, HEAT, HESH, or possibly sabot. Most shells work well at high-gauge, better than at lower gauges unless you want specifically AA.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-04-19, 06:09 PM
Hey my bad, I was thinking along his question of viability, and getting space efficient max # of loaders to make the longer reload times of high calibre shells less of a drawback.