Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
V2.17 (devtest only)
2018-04-19, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-04-19 10:04 PM by Normal69.)
RE: V2.17 (devtest only)
(2018-04-17 09:49 PM)Kiriko Wrote:  I think unless you manually deconstruct the ship piece by piece, it'll probably be the same. Maybe if you can deconstruct them in out-of-game mode, that might work - I really haven't tried that. But overall I don't feel like it's huge issue for moderately powerful PC when playing campaign, since the bloat goes away when you restart the game (you'll have to fully close it, just going to main menu doesn't help). It builds over time, so it gets more severe when you leave adventure mode running AFK for a time. I -think- since it's just memory leak, probably windows swap can mitigate it - since that memory should not be accessed once it's used and abandoned.. it should sit inert in swap file until you close the game. So just closing the game every hour or two should be ok.

And, thanks. Big GrinHeart

That is the least I can say with little bros like this: Big Grin
[Image: 80CC46713A67843FC38D5CB53CDD7CA9E90DC6E4]

So I am fooling around with a weather- and nightless version of Neter I've made and the results aren't good:
In the test-battle I has around 8 little underwater bunkers, and 4 really small planes versus 4 fleets of DWG and 1 WF fleet on easy level, so lots of small, and medium-small units were there.
While in combat, I've captured around 3 atlas sized ones, removing them from battle by the white flag, then after each of them were downed, patiently flying over with a patrol mode plane, and capturing+white-flagging them.
When just a few remained there, the game has frozen.
There is a small chance that my antivirus went refreshing and that's the cause, but the collecting was became immensely boring, lasting as long as the entire battle - 5 blocks there, a torn off wing here...
So I will switch back that campaign to the original enemy decomposition.

I keep the Neter save compatibility, the adventure mode start, and clean weather+brightness, leaving full diplomacy on, but no other tweaks.
Codename is "Brilliant Skies" which is fitting more than one way. Wink

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-04-20, 01:20 AM
(2018-04-19 10:02 PM)Normal69 Wrote:  In the test-battle I has around 8 little underwater bunkers, and 4 really small planes versus 4 fleets of DWG and 1 WF fleet on easy level, so lots of small, and medium-small units were there.
While in combat, I've captured around 3 atlas sized ones, removing them from battle by the white flag, then after each of them were downed, patiently flying over with a patrol mode plane, and capturing+white-flagging them.

Mmh... it looks like there's a big clump of ship there in the picture, all crashing into each other. If that's the case, I would imagine that'll cause some bad things.. small ships crashing isn't nearly as bad as big ships, but still, collisions cause seizures to physics calculations. Although I wouldn't expect full freeze, more like a sort of slideshow.

Workshop: Voidware, INARI and more.
Find all posts by this user
2018-04-20, 03:02 PM
(2018-04-20 01:20 AM)Kiriko Wrote:  
(2018-04-19 10:02 PM)Normal69 Wrote:  In the test-battle I has around 8 little underwater bunkers, and 4 really small planes versus 4 fleets of DWG and 1 WF fleet on easy level, so lots of small, and medium-small units were there.

Mmh... it looks like there's a big clump of ship there in the picture, all crashing into each other. If that's the case, I would imagine that'll cause some bad things.. small ships crashing isn't nearly as bad as big ships, but still, collisions cause seizures to physics calculations. Although I wouldn't expect full freeze, more like a sort of slideshow.

They aren't crashing, they are docked together. The docking is probably part of the problem, since the docker is a another calculation, taking drag, recoil, and other factors into consideration as well.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-04-21, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-04-21 08:57 AM by Normal69.)
Yepp, listen what MizarLuke says. Smile
They are separate topics!

The picture is my little Juggler eating a perforator-ish ship from close range testing combat in the designer - it is here just because your big modular ship Kiriko, to show I like that style.

Under the picture I've detailed my custom campaign experiment with "no autoscrapping enemy units" option de-activated.
In that battle I've used just modular fortifications, small buildings sitting on the seabottom, supplying and repairing eachother.

I will look up a video about them for you to see what I am talking about...
The fifth entry on this page, there are blueprints and the video:
http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...66&page=12

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-04-21, 08:58 AM
Guys... My FtD profile was reset: I have no more points in any skill and I now only an SMG. Also my fleet colours were reset. And it was my main "account"; no "temp" account or anything. Is it Steam? Is it 2.17? Is it my idiocy. I don't know but it's weird...

There are two rules of thumb in this world:
- These warheads are great! Explosive are my favourite! Nothing beats an explosive warhead.
- If explosives aren't enough, spam more explosive. At some point they will break open.
2018-04-21, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-04-21 05:06 PM by Kiriko.)
(2018-04-20 03:02 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  They aren't crashing, they are docked together. The docking is probably part of the problem, since the docker is a another calculation, taking drag, recoil, and other factors into consideration as well.

Ah no, if they are docked then it shouldn't matter. Unless things have changed, docked ships shouldn't count for drag, mass, collision - anything. They just float and move at up to 30 m/s to location defined by the tractor. Pretty much like out-of-play ships move in campaign. Except they can still attack and be hit by attacks.

Yesterday, 07:44 AM
(2018-04-21 08:58 AM)Elite Leon Wrote:  Guys... My FtD profile was reset: I have no more points in any skill and I now only an SMG. Also my fleet colours were reset. And it was my main "account"; no "temp" account or anything. Is it Steam? Is it 2.17? Is it my idiocy. I don't know but it's weird...

Assuming you're running windows, the profile should be at:
Documents / From The Depths / Player Profiles / [Profile Name] / Profile

I think the file "profile.progression" holds your skill levels. "profile.progression_backup" should have the previous state, but I'm assuming you've probably done stuff already that would progress stuff, so likely by now it already also holds the reseted stats. Either way the first thing I'd do would be to take a backup copy of the whole Documents/From The Depths folder (although it may be it won't help at this point).

2.17 won't reset your profile by itself. Steam.. I don't know. It shouldn't, but I believe by default Steam should keep your whole Documents/From The Depths folder in cloud storage, and sync it between computers if you play on multiple computers. I guess technically it would be possible if you installed FTD on another computer and somehow instead of getting the data from cloud storage to your computer, it copied it from computer to cloud storage.. and then synced it also to your main PC... or something else like that happened.

Also if you've played for a very long time, and/or have lots of blueprints, screenshots, and large mods installed.. it's possible your Documents/From The Depths folder grows too big for steam cloud to store, I don't know what happens in that case. I disabled the cloud sync from FTD a long time ago - that folder was growing too big for cloud, and also since I'm maintaining mods, didn't want them to get scrambled with steam cloud.

I've once or twice seen my profile somehow messed up, but for me it always fixed itself when I restarted the game. Gave me a bit of a scare though, given I have the FTD level way past 2000 by now. Confused Anyway, not sure if any of this was helpful. Hope you get it sorted out. At the least, if you have to start over, take an occasional backup of the FTD folder from under Documents.

Yesterday, 10:06 PM
Surge protector is offset to side when placing.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

So Far So Good