Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ecofox 2000 - cheap ecofriendly starter vehicle
2018-03-27, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-03-28 09:13 AM by hermano.)
Rainbow Ecofox 2000 - cheap ecofriendly starter vehicle
Build this thing on a whim today, seems to work just fine:

[Image: FAC4QrH.png]
Today I present the Ecofox 2000, the starting vehicle for your environmentally considerate faction. Made overwhelmingly of naturally occurring materials like wood and stone, using an ecofriendly tri-Bluline engine and armed with a clean laser that does not devastate the planet with depleted uranium shells, it is the dream of mother nature! Its LAMS even cleans the ocean and air of harmful enemy missiles and munitions, creating new living spaces for friendly fish and birds. With a price of 14354 materials it is so cheap, that not saving planet Neter is not an option anymore.
Get yours today!

[Image: veu0iOQ.png]
Your days of polluting are over!

[Image: t4aSN8w.png]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint  Ecofox 2000.blueprint (Size: 85.53 KB / Downloads: 11)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-03-27, 09:04 PM
RE: Ecofox 2000 - cheap ecofriendly starter vehicle
Funny... and so green! Smile

Joke aside, I'm impressed how well it performs for its value. Congratulations for that impressive engine, 1200+ ppf is nice. Its only weakness is against missiles swarms, speed and agility allows to avoid many things.

I encountered an issues, though: any ship spawned after this one is the designer seems to have its AI not functionning; the ones spawned before work fine.

I always struggle to make design which remain cheap while being efficient; many congratulations to this one which suceed in both! Big Grin

-"Speed is armor" - Admiral john 'Jackie' Fisher

-"Firepower is better armor" - Blitzkrieg Bob
2018-03-27, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-03-27 10:46 PM by hermano.)
(2018-03-27 09:04 PM)BlitzkriegBob Wrote:  Funny... and so green! Smile

Joke aside, I'm impressed how well it performs for its value. Congratulations for that impressive engine, 1200+ ppf is nice. Its only weakness is against missiles swarms, speed and agility allows to avoid many things.

I encountered an issues, though: any ship spawned after this one is the designer seems to have its AI not functionning; the ones spawned before work fine.

I always struggle to make design which remain cheap while being efficient; many congratulations to this one which suceed in both! Big Grin

Hi Bob and thanks. It seems there is a bug with with negative turret restrictions. Quite annoying. I'll attach a fixed version.
This little thing seems to be able to beat all non-godly DWG ships (at least with some point in the scientist buff). That's quite a bit more than I expected. Before fixing the bug it could even kill a Kraken, since the degraded enemies couldn't shoot back Tongue.

The engine is actually just a modifaction of Aner Dyfans modification of the modified Blueline that can be found on Guiabees platform. So credit goes to them.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Ecofox 2000.blueprint (Size: 85.5 KB / Downloads: 8)
2018-03-28, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-03-28 12:29 PM by hermano.)
Some tweaks for the fox:
- strengh of back shields increased
- mid section shield coverage increased
- laser strength and AP increased
- simple adaptive targeting - when flyers are present aim point selection is used, otherwise not - to avoid attacking underwater items protected by metal
- improved ai armor
- fixed problem with manual controls
Price increased to just below 15k.

Also three new units for the children of mother Neter:

The Fine Refinery 2000 will produce your eco friendly fuel. Refinery efficiency is close to 120%. Can be relocated at 13 m/s. Powered by a highly efficient engine (up to 18k ppf). Artificial plants invite animals to rest. Costs 12k materials. (Please do not spawn underwater to avoid risk of explosions, think of mother Neter!).
[Image: Awcv22T.png]

The Whale Watcher 2000 collects and transports garbage from the oceans. Also powered by an efficient engine it travels at up to 56m/s. Costs less than 1.7k. Also might help to spot a whale!
[Image: 5SRrBxw.png]

The Superb Owl 2000 is the sister ship of the Ecofox. Its Particle accelerator is strong where the laser of the fox is weak: attacking metal objects under water. PAC should be set to piercing, explosive or emp according to the enemy. While its attack is just as eco friendly as the foxes it has few defense mechanisms and needs to shoot flares to survive missiles. It costs 17.3k.
[Image: NTgfqW9.png]

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Ecofox 2000.blueprint (Size: 86.77 KB / Downloads: 10)
.blueprint  Fine Refinery 2000.blueprint (Size: 72.5 KB / Downloads: 6)
.blueprint  Whale watcher 2000.blueprint (Size: 42.32 KB / Downloads: 7)
.blueprint  SuperbOwl 2000.blueprint (Size: 88.96 KB / Downloads: 6)
2018-03-28, 12:58 PM
I like your approach. This is rather recommendable for newer ppl wanting to ditch into the campaign the first time.

For me there is not oil and diesel, let alone steam around. Sad

But good job on those. Big Grin

(2018-03-12 05:51 AM)Chunkblaster Wrote:  @Lord O' Talons What Anime is that?

(2018-03-12 01:22 PM)Lord O Talons Wrote:  BM effects and docking stations.

---lolwhat Big Grin
2018-03-29, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-03-29 02:56 PM by hermano.)
(2018-03-28 12:58 PM)Tyr3n Wrote:  I like your approach. This is rather recommendable for newer ppl wanting to ditch into the campaign the first time.

For me there is not oil and diesel, let alone steam around. Sad

But good job on those. Big Grin

Thanks! I only used steam in adventure mode so far. I somehow cannot stick to the main campaign for too long and restart with another theme, so I never get to the stage where resources are plenty. The short campaigns are usually over before that stage. I suppose it's easy to get used to having nice ppb and not having to organize fuel shipments.

Anyway. Playing with the Ecofox got a bit annoying since enemies tend to sink underwater where its laser was too weak. So another round of improvements:
- removed adaptive targeting
- increased laser strength/AP

Also the big brother of the Ecofox 2000 the Ecofox 2001! It is quite a bit bigger but has even more economic main engines at ~2000ppf, supported by a smaller 1400ppf engine. The laser is much stronger than the previous version, shields are stronger and coverage improved and speed increased to ~70 m/s. All at a price of only 24k resources.
[Image: xJbkWbU.png]
It has 180% the engine power at only 10% fuel use increase!

Edit: Okay, the Ecofox 2001 still took forever against underwater enemies. So here is another version, the Ecosloth 2001. It combines the power of the fox and the owl. A fast laser destroys enemies on the surface, the PAC can hit them underwater as well! And this for just 26.9k.
[Image: i0qBgiq.png]
This one works surprisingly well.

I'm still pretty new to energy weapons...

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Ecofox 2000.blueprint (Size: 86.4 KB / Downloads: 6)
.blueprint  Ecofox 2001.blueprint (Size: 122.38 KB / Downloads: 6)
.blueprint  Ecosloth 2001.blueprint (Size: 131.34 KB / Downloads: 6)
2018-03-29, 02:23 PM
Yeah the resources...I use steam mostly in a combination with battery-electric Propulsion, because the ramp-up is quite noticable for larger craft.

But a simple 1 Controller - 1 small Boiler - 1 small turbine get's you through the most fights at the beginning, with only a few batteries attached to an E-engine to keep stuff running. Smile

I do not recommend mechanical steaming, anyway...except for aesthetic purposes - too frail.

(2018-03-12 05:51 AM)Chunkblaster Wrote:  @Lord O' Talons What Anime is that?

(2018-03-12 01:22 PM)Lord O Talons Wrote:  BM effects and docking stations.

---lolwhat Big Grin
2018-03-29, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-03-30 11:28 AM by hermano.)
Alright, another update for a vehicle:

The Ecosloth 2010 is another step forward for the children of mother Neter. It has a stronger laser and PAC, better LAMS setup, higher speed, metal armor and dual shielding. At 39.5k it is able to kill DWG godlies. While using less than 12 units of fuel per second in battle.
[Image: Nu4qQLX.png]

Well, not the Kraken apparently. Maybe the layered shields are too close...

Well, it still needed some changes to be able to consistently beat DWG godlies. The Ecosloth 2011 uses a stronger EMP PAC. Sadly it has to use less efficent engines, using up to 25 fuel/s. But looking at the horrendous fuel use of the enemy beating them warrents a bit of waste. Price is 40k.
I must be doing something wrong with the shields though. In my experience dual shielding used to negate pretty much all APS shots. It just will not work here...

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Ecosloth 2010.blueprint (Size: 141.91 KB / Downloads: 6)
.blueprint  Ecosloth 2011.blueprint (Size: 142.64 KB / Downloads: 7)
2018-03-30, 08:57 PM
I just played the start of the campaign with the Sloth'01. And I'm having a blast with this thing, it's shredding enemies left and right, does not need any time to reload between fights and hardly needs to refuel. With a few changes it does 80m/s so it's racing from one tile to another. Without even really trying I cought some dying enemies, so I have already 100k resource to spend. Now I'll have to come up with something to spend it on Smile.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Ecosloth 2001 v2.blueprint (Size: 133.93 KB / Downloads: 9)
2018-07-11, 03:03 AM
Good news! I got the Ecosloth 2011 some better engines! No changes were necessary for the armaments or shields or such.

The engines in question are the Neptune engines (a high-end extendable Blueline-style engine put together by me and at least 3 other people (Guabee for that improved blueline, Aner Dyfan and killshoots for two separate takes on a longer version of it, and I took the Dyfan extendable and managed to merge it with the killshoot variant to create an improved extendable engine), you can find it on my engine raft). Two of these engines with 2 middle segments each are able to power this craft, and just barely fit without having to do anything more then move an internal stone wall one block forwards (the engine is 21 blocks long, and the engine area was 20 long).

Eco-sloth is back at full efficiency!

Note: Aside from a few minor changes to some hull blocks to ensure it fit and two new hull exhaust ports to get the exhaust outside, I didn't change anything (insert joke about me being lazy as a sloth). So it still has for instance the old engines' exhaust ports if you worry about that sort of thing.

Ah, right, here's an Ecofox 2000 with the Neptune in it as well (one middle segment for this one's engine). The original already had a similar engine so its not much different, but the Neptune's improved power profile may allow it to run at slightly lower RPM in battle (and thus get slightly more efficiency). I think there was also room to add another frequency doubler to some of the lasers so that may help a bit.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Ecosloth 2011 Mod.blueprint (Size: 141.39 KB / Downloads: 0)
.blueprint  Ecofox 2000 Mod.blueprint (Size: 84.69 KB / Downloads: 0)

Your giant expensive powerful warship of doom can be destroyed by dropping an anvil on it. One day, I will finally have enough engines to actually make a ship without stopping to make more engines.