Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About Fuel Refineries
2018-03-26, 12:40 AM
About Fuel Refineries
First off: I'm new to the forum, so if this is in the wrong place I apologize. It seems like the best place for general feedback, so here goes.

I know altitude has an effect on the efficiency of refineries, but right now it feels very off. I expected something more along the lines of heliblades or thrusters, where as you go past 300 or so meters up the air density starts to drop and you lose effectiveness. So I set up a prefab on my test fortress, 15m above sea level. When I placed it in campaign, at around 5m altitude, the efficiency more than doubled, along with the gas output. Explosions ensued. This is way too extreme for such a small change in altitude.

So I would like to suggest that:
1) Dangerous gas output be set purely as a function of the components of the refinery, unaffected by altitude. That way there are no mysterious and unexpected explosions.
2) Altitude itself be unimportant, instead make air density a multiplier to refinery efficiency. I think this would line up better with expectations set by other components.

And to end on, why does this not connect

but this does?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-03-26, 05:56 AM
RE: About Fuel Refineries
Welcome to the forums,

Yes this one place where you can leave feedback.
The changes you propse i definety agree on. Dont play campaign all that often so i didnt notice that Big Grin

Why it doesnt conect? because reasons Big Grin
Ok probably because it only wants things to the middle. So by turning it the second block connects to the middle

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
Find all posts by this user
2018-03-26, 09:05 AM
RE: About Fuel Refineries
I definitely can place it on the sides in rows, so I think it only connect to the middle.
Also flare stacks connect to eachother - I saw pretty crazy arrangements because those flarestacks behave like pipes.

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user