Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Make building a lot easier on us
2018-03-07, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-03-07 01:34 AM by Richard Dastardly.)
RE: Make building a lot easier on us
Don't overthink mass delete - if a block is half in the area just leave it alone, it's not like it's hard for us to go back & remove individuals if we want. Just being able to remove large chunks at once would be fine.

I've wanted a prefab paste fill with empty blocks for ages - technically not that simple I think because I don't think there's actually such a thing as an empty block but the idea is nice.

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-03-07, 03:14 AM
Simple, do what is done with normal prefabs. If the block's origin, where you place it, is within the boundary, remove it. If not, leave it. If 3/4 of a beam is within the boundary, but the block you placed it with (the highest bit of a slope, for example) is outside of the box, leave it.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-03-07, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-03-07 09:00 AM by Normal69.)
(2018-03-07 03:14 AM)MizarLuke Wrote:  Simple, do what is done with normal prefabs. If the block's origin, where you place it, is within the boundary, remove it. If not, leave it. If 3/4 of a beam is within the boundary, but the block you placed it with (the highest bit of a slope, for example) is outside of the box, leave it.

Great idea! Delete area. Even with any part of a block in the area or the placing point, doesn't matter, we can manage whichever is easier.
maybe also a key which if keep pressed re-places the block it's on. No need then to continually alter between R and shift+click, when you forgot to switch on mirroring. Smile

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-03-07, 10:11 AM
(2018-03-07 01:34 AM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  Don't overthink mass delete - if a block is half in the area just leave it alone, it's not like it's hard for us to go back & remove individuals if we want. Just being able to remove large chunks at once would be fine.

I've wanted a prefab paste fill with empty blocks for ages - technically not that simple I think because I don't think there's actually such a thing as an empty block but the idea is nice.

I think it's easier for me to remove all blocks which are partly in the zone or just leave them.
Anyway, I will add that feature when I'll do a QoL pass on the building interface.

Note that what I'll do will probably be only done for the key-based building mode, it may work for the mouse-based mode if the code is common but a few parts of the code aren't generic, and I know nothing about the mouse-based mode as I never use it.
2018-03-07, 12:51 PM
it's quite doent matter , cuz in most of cases beams are aligned.
If I can choose partly blocks should removed because it is the result of after I performed erase action at every cubics.

By the way two more requests.

We cannot know which beam is selected in keyboard mode even fter hitting P. Edge mode toggle or something?
[Image: dd609cccd3.jpg][Image: 39f1a24e55.jpg]

Why we cannot put this?
[Image: 77a42200ba.jpg]