Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SD - Velocity keep going to space and never come back
2018-03-04, 03:05 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-03-04 03:08 AM by Xalinsky.)
SD - Velocity keep going to space and never come back
Now my campaign play through facing the Scarlet Dawn.

And I meet Velocity. I don't care about it , because it doesn't have that many fire power. but when enemy main vehicle down, I finally found Velocity with full health in 1800m space.

but I only have a jet plane can fly into space. and it doesn't have any weapon.( only draw enemy unnecessary attention) So, I decided ramming it, hope it get down to normal altitude that I can shoot it down. And it work. XD

but it's a little bit annoying. so I use VD test what it was happen.

And I found it. because my unnecessary speedy jet plane. But I don't really know why.

here is my jet plane BP.

.blueprint  Langoon Delta.blueprint (Size: 97.16 KB / Downloads: 2)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-03-04, 05:36 AM
RE: SD - Velocity keep going to space and never come back
I've tried to correct this issue with the Velocity. If this is indeed the latest version which went through and not an older version that has stuck around due to an update issue then I'm kind of willing to tolerate this behavior. I'd like for it to remain a roll to turn craft, so the most I can hope for now is that it manages to not do this on a regular basis.
2018-03-04, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-03-04 01:34 PM by Xalinsky.)
(2018-03-04 05:36 AM)Vorpalim Wrote:  I've tried to correct this issue with the Velocity. If this is indeed the latest version which went through and not an older version that has stuck around due to an update issue then I'm kind of willing to tolerate this behavior. I'd like for it to remain a roll to turn craft, so the most I can hope for now is that it manages to not do this on a regular basis.

ok, glad to hear that. and Velocity look really amazing. Big Grin
2018-03-05, 06:51 AM
I suppose I can slip in an ACB that shuts down the CJEs based on altitude. I'll need to test it.
2018-03-05, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-03-05 11:10 AM by Xalinsky.)
(2018-03-05 06:51 AM)Vorpalim Wrote:  I suppose I can slip in an ACB that shuts down the CJEs based on altitude. I'll need to test it.

I think directly shot down CJEs will cause whole craft suddenly drop speed from 220m/s to 80m/s in 1 second due to Neter high drag?

or you mean reduce? XD
2018-03-06, 06:35 PM
(2018-03-05 11:05 AM)Xalinsky Wrote:  
(2018-03-05 06:51 AM)Vorpalim Wrote:  I suppose I can slip in an ACB that shuts down the CJEs based on altitude. I'll need to test it.

I think directly shot down CJEs will cause whole craft suddenly drop speed from 220m/s to 80m/s in 1 second due to Neter high drag?

or you mean reduce? XD

Vorpalim means to shut off the engines, so that it will slow down and be easier to hit and kill, or to simply fall from the sky.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-03-07, 12:22 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-03-07 12:25 AM by Xalinsky.)
(2018-03-06 06:35 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  Vorpalim means to shut off the engines, so that it will slow down and be easier to hit and kill, or to simply fall from the sky.

Thank you for your explain. :o
2018-04-12, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-04-12 04:31 PM by Xalinsky.)
Well...I forgot to look new version of Velocity in v2.16.

I noticed it had really awesome looking back wings. but, about old problem, it even worse... direct fly in to space...

video: the first one had been edit by myself. second one is in-game version. (v2.16)

upload fixed Velocity.

note: it may still go to space, but it will not fly over 1500m height and come back very quickly.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  SD - Velocity.blueprint (Size: 154.02 KB / Downloads: 0)
2018-04-12, 06:28 PM
There's already a new update for it queued up that should finally keep it from returning to the stars when undamaged. If you wish to submit any further updates for campaign designs you are allowed to post a new thread in the In-Game Design Update subforum. Thanks for making it clear that we weren't quite done with stabilizing the Velocity.
2018-04-16, 09:53 AM
(2018-04-12 06:28 PM)Vorpalim Wrote:  There's already a new update for it queued up that should finally keep it from returning to the stars when undamaged. If you wish to submit any further updates for campaign designs you are allowed to post a new thread in the In-Game Design Update subforum. Thanks for making it clear that we weren't quite done with stabilizing the Velocity.

OK, I will wait until it out.

Btw, TG have some outdated design. A ship even have repair tentacle on spin block. ( I forget the name...)

when load that ship in, repair tentacle will disappear but still function.

edit: the ship called Eternal