Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hologram picture storage
2018-03-08, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-03-08 03:34 PM by mrvecz.)
Hologram picture storage
This is a thread where i add hologram pictures so i dont have to reupload them from imgur every once and while.

These pictures are free to use for anyone, they are already transparent so they wont have a white or black background when projected in the game.
Dont expect anything blockbusting, they were made in MS paint by someone (me) who barely knows how to draw.

Example in game:
[Image: fZ0nyBk.gif]
I'll be adding more of them over time

[Image: vP4vDHc.png]

Check out my Zrytix, Land RTS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-03-08, 12:52 PM
RE: Hologram picture storage
Thanks, that's a good idea.

Speaking about hologram images (and the poster ones), I have modified a few things and I'm not sure I communicated about it...
If you set a GUID instead of an URL, then it will try to load the image from the mods (so, it is possible to create an holograms mod).

Also, if the image isn't found on the internet, then it will try to load it from the '\Steam\steamapps\common\From The Depths\From_The_Depths_Data\StreamingAssets\BPPictures\' directory, where the official FtD holograms will be stored.
That means that if you do not have access to internet, you can place your holograms there, with the same filename as on the internet, and your holograms (and poster pictures) will be loaded correctly.
For example, if my image is there: 'https://i.imgur.com/x3BaNhT.jpg'
I can copy this image to my HDD here: '\Steam\steamapps\common\From The Depths\From_The_Depths_Data\StreamingAssets\BPPictures\x3BaNhT.jpg', and it will work fine.
That also allows you to have images that works only on your computer even if I'm not sure how that can be useful...
Find all posts by this user
2018-03-08, 03:23 PM
RE: Hologram picture storage
(2018-03-08 12:52 PM)Gladyon Wrote:  Thanks, that's a good idea.

Speaking about hologram images (and the poster ones), I have modified a few things and I'm not sure I communicated about it...
If you set a GUID instead of an URL, then it will try to load the image from the mods (so, it is possible to create an holograms mod).

Also, if the image isn't found on the internet, then it will try to load it from the '\Steam\steamapps\common\From The Depths\From_The_Depths_Data\StreamingAssets\BPPictures\' directory, where the official FtD holograms will be stored.
That means that if you do not have access to internet, you can place your holograms there, with the same filename as on the internet, and your holograms (and poster pictures) will be loaded correctly.
For example, if my image is there: 'https://i.imgur.com/x3BaNhT.jpg'
I can copy this image to my HDD here: '\Steam\steamapps\common\From The Depths\From_The_Depths_Data\StreamingAssets\BPPictures\x3BaNhT.jpg', and it will work fine.
That also allows you to have images that works only on your computer even if I'm not sure how that can be useful...
I thought devs looking at CC forums was just a myth

Thanks for response, although until it is possible to ship mods directly with the campaigns (Without having to rely on people downloading them one by one) i will use urls from this page.

Its more reliable that way.

[Image: vP4vDHc.png]

Check out my Zrytix, Land RTS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed