Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Solid Fuel Thrusters
2018-02-13, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-13 07:19 PM by Fuzzah.)
Solid Fuel Thrusters
Quick, rapid acceleration with a compact size, with the cost of a massive fuel cost per second. This is the sort of thing you go to space with. Also for quick maneuvers of say, a jet fighter.

Comes in three sizes.. small, for vehicle boosters, medium and large for.. other things.

I've been craving more maneuverability options for a while so I hope this gets modded/added some day! Big Grin

I should add, also, the medium booster could act as a balancer between the two - sacrificing speed for more fuel efficiency. Also, each booster should have different mouth parts for fitting into ships neatly.

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong" -Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-02-14, 08:57 AM
RE: Solid Fuel Thrusters
For me it looks like slightly simplified Advanced Jet Engines, SRB if they are implemented should be single use/long regeneration between activation, no dynamic control over thrust and they should be dirt cheap to build and cheap to run, but harder to use for their lack of fine control and inability to turn them off once lit
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply