Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to keep planes from going into orbit?
2018-02-14, 03:00 PM
RE: How to keep planes from going into orbit?
It could be HA and fly just fine. Turning my wooden hovercraft to completely metal turned the speed from 63 to 61m/s. If I made it HA, it would probably go about 55+

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-02-14, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-14 08:43 PM by Levits.)
I'm just rather confused by the way they have the wing lift so high. I know it makes for easier builds (especially with heavy armor) but it just doesn't look right.

I don't even need wings on my planes after all the testing. About 10 wing blocks is all that my aircraft needs to fly and that is in almost any configuration.

If there was a way to reduce the amount of lift generated by the wing blocks or a way for the AI to know how to nose the aircraft down, I could actually make a plane that looks like a plane. Or, if there was another version of wing block that had reduced lift capability... possibly even heavier armored, I'd likely use that. <Seems like that sort of thing would be worth throwing out there as a suggestion.

Of course this isn't a very huge problem and only really affects small builds, but I can't even build a bi-plane properly without substituting the actual wing blocks with control surfaces. It's a work around, and it does work, but I'd like to see a real-world type of plane function more reliably and/or AI know how to handle excessive lift.

Well, potential things that will get taken care of in time I suppose.
2018-02-14, 09:33 PM
You can use dedicated heliblades, they don't actually produce force by themselves.