Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Detection equipment mounting location
2018-02-11, 08:54 PM
Detection equipment mounting location
Do I need to have detection equipment mounted on the weapon/turret/firing piece itself, or can I mount it anywhere on my ship and the LWC will have access to it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-02-11, 08:57 PM
RE: Detection equipment mounting location
So Long the Detection Equipemnts View is not Obstructed, And it has conection the AI it works
Conected to the AI means have a Direct Conection Via Conectors AND OR Wireless receivers
LWS's Don't matter to the detection equip

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2018-02-11, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-11 09:06 PM by Collot999.)
also you can mount specific turrets with only sensors, you need to remember add too the LWC to the turret to do it look at the enemy and improve detecting Big Grin

****warning: a crazy engineer is in the thread****

Totally not me!!!!
2018-02-11, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-16 01:43 PM by Normal69.)
And you can put that detector turret inside, for aesthetic reasons. Tongue

Also intra-vehicle transmitters are sharing detection data, and if you have more AIs in your vehicle, they share automatically.
So one AI with all the detectors, and one without any in the same wehicle can target equally.

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-02-11, 09:46 PM
Thanks all!
2018-02-13, 03:32 PM
(2018-02-11 09:17 PM)Normal69 Wrote:  And you can put that detector turret inside, for aesthetic reasons. Tongue

what?! Inside? what do you mean with inside ? inside the Vehicle? isnt my line of sight Obstructed when moving it inside the Hull? or doesnt the Turret Realise that it is inside another vehicle? wouldnt that be bug abuse?
2018-02-13, 07:07 PM
(2018-02-13 03:32 PM)zirid Wrote:  
(2018-02-11 09:17 PM)Normal69 Wrote:  And you can put that detector turret inside, for aesthetic reasons. Tongue

what?! Inside? what do you mean with inside ? inside the Vehicle? isnt my line of sight Obstructed when moving it inside the Hull? or doesnt the Turret Realise that it is inside another vehicle? wouldnt that be bug abuse?

If detection is on a subobject (turret or spinblock) it can see through anything not part of that object. This means you can hide detection inside the hull. This is clearly an exploit.

You can mount detection anywhere you want, and it's best to have a lot of it spread around the ship in case some of it gets shot off. Since you can't protect it, redundancy is the only other option.
2018-02-14, 07:40 AM
Speaking of detection. It's kind of weird to me that we have so many different types, yet you only really would want to use the ones with the highest accuracy (gimbal camera, laser rangefinder, etc). I don't see the point of the ones with unreliable measurements.
2018-02-14, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-14 08:21 AM by Richard Dastardly.)
(2018-02-14 07:40 AM)Targa Wrote:  Speaking of detection. It's kind of weird to me that we have so many different types, yet you only really would want to use the ones with the highest accuracy (gimbal camera, laser rangefinder, etc). I don't see the point of the ones with unreliable measurements.

Update rate, vulnerabilty to countermeasures ( that's a bit broken at the moment for some things ), vulnerability to damage, detection ranges. You're only looking at the accuracy stat, look at all the others. If all you're using is gimbal trackers then one smoke shell will blind your craft completely.

Detection just needs enough GP cards on it's channel to process it's results, after that the processed results get sent to every AI on the construct. Intra-vehicle thing should be called Inter-vehicle thing, it passes results to other equipped vehicles which will compare it with their own results & choose the best one.

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
2018-02-16, 01:58 AM
(2018-02-14 08:19 AM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  Intra-vehicle thing should be called Inter-vehicle thing, it passes results to other equipped vehicles which will compare it with their own results & choose the best one.

Funny, that reminds me of years ago when I first looked up the definition of the "intra-" prefix. Then I saw it in the game and was scratching my head until I figured out that it was supposed to be "inter-".

As for the weaknesses of the pieces of detection equipment, thanks for pointing that out! I'll be sure to take that into account from now on.