Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MizarLuke's Easy Three Conquest (And LH, Because They are Bullies)
2018-02-11, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-11 09:08 PM by MizarLuke.)
MizarLuke's Easy Three Conquest (And LH, Because They are Bullies)
Alright, I've given in, I'll share my campaign with ya'll.

I've started a new campaign, fed up with the difficulty of my other ones and the lag of large forces.

The settings: 1 difficulty modifier, max growth, max resource, 1.5 design difficulty.
100% detection, centralised resources.

The strategy: I started off the campaign by declaring war on the first three factions you usually face: DWG, OW, and WF. Hence the name.    

I will prioritize using aircraft, particularly bombers, because it fits in with my faction (PRC), and I like using CRAM bombers, especially against OW.

Because my current computer=potato, I will likely stop after the first 3 factions, maybe taking out LH since they will fight me once I finish off WF.

Starting Fortress:
I used a premade "basic" starting fortress, no weapons, some aesthetics, etc. I gave it 8 missiles and a 1000mm CRAM turret. I also gave it a small laser because I felt like it, not much damage per second, plenty AP.    

Mobile Forces:
1 fleet consisting of 1 small fighter and 2 helibombers and a light bomber

1 fleet of a sigle armored hoverdestroyer

I start out by sending the first fleet to the tile to the North. I encounter 3 hoplites (light balloon bomber) and 1 monkey barrel (medium helibomber). They are low altitude bombers, I have a fighter and high altitude bombers. I win. '

I then go East (Northeast of the starting fortress) and encounter 2 Corsairs. I flee, because Corsairs are quite strong in DPS and my bombers have literally just a 4m wood slope or ERA slope protecting the massive ammo storage. They catch me (my bombers are slow) and a fight ensues. I spawn my fighter extra low so it hopefully takes more fire. Its missiles do more than its share of the damage, but the bombers guided bombs do the rest, taking the Corsairs down with no damage taken.        

I return home because of an approaching fleet from the nearby gantry: an Atlas Retrofit and 2 Sky Vipers. I draw them to my base and engage them with all my forces. (I haven't spawned in my light bomber plane yet) I win with minimal damage to my fortress and fighter, and capture the enemy Atlas Retrofit at about 70% health.     I scrap it and gain 17k materials, enough to now get a bomber.

I spawn a new Pigeon Class Light Bomber, remove its inertial fuses (no DWG stuff has shields until later), and send it East. It is my fastest unit at 101m/s. I encounter a Swordfish and, despite it being an aircraft, engage it with my bomber. The first attack run misses, and the second one blows off the back half.     As I fly away and get ready for another run, it is too damaged and starts despawning.     I send my bomber to space, just for fun.    

I return the fleet home, then go north and draw 2 squares to head to my fortress and armed forces. One contained a baby paddlegun, the other one had 2 shurikens.        

If you would prefer I put in the pictures in a way other than attachments, let me know, and tell me how, since I have no clue how to do it.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-02-11, 01:22 PM
RE: MizarLuke's Easy Three Conquest
Will this be like Eagles (2nd) campaign? That was a blast to read.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-02-11, 02:32 PM
Video would nice and better to see...rather than screenshot spams. 2% I gave XD

[Image: LFKkJlX.png?1]
[Image: 8AIFkbk.jpg]
2018-02-11, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-11 06:14 PM by MizarLuke.)
(2018-02-11 01:22 PM)YD12 Wrote:  Will this be like Eagles (2nd) campaign? That was a blast to read.

Somewhat, I haven't looked through all of his campaign, but I think it will somewhat be. While he went for all of Neter, I'll stop after 3 or 4, maybe 5 factions. Glad you like it. I'm putting in pictures now.

Monklizard, I don't have recording software of any kind or much technical knowledge to do it, nor the desire o record and spend even more time.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2018-02-11, 06:31 PM
Doing the recording the video its not so hard as ya expected. Ya can watch any tutorial to make the videos. And... I understand ya don't have much the time to spend to make more. The reason I suggested that to give the interest on ya campaign progress. Rather on picture spams because I would like to see ya progress much lively. And also catch the ppl interest see more of ya adventure in the Neter Campaign even more.

[Image: LFKkJlX.png?1]
[Image: 8AIFkbk.jpg]
2018-02-11, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-11 09:07 PM by MizarLuke.)
I send my main fleet north and join my bomber into it. I attack the two Wanderlusts with my air force. Both of them have thei cannons disabled quickly, and their IR missiles cannt detect my helibombers and can't catch my planes. My bomber's first successful bomb run puts two 2000mm HE CRAM bombs right between the 2 enemy ships, with predictable results.
Both get a massive hole in their side, and pushed quite far apart.     One gets AI dead after a few missiles get through the AI box, but I am unable to capture it.
While I'm at sea level though, I capture its buddy. Then I scrap it, because this is getting expensive and I must expand.

In the mean time, a fleet of two Sunfish approach from dead East. One reinforces a tile, and the other attacks my fortress. It gets blown up by a missile volley after a few CRAM near misses.    

Next, my main fleet, in the north, attacks the Baby Paddlegun. (The Shurikens ran away North) I'm a bit worried, attacking an AA ship with aircraft, but my worries are abated when I take manual aim with my bomber's CRAM bombs and shoot them right between the Baby Paddlegun's guns.     They penetrated a bit further than I would have liked, leaving the guns intact, but I change my mind when I see it is AI dead.    

A White Flayers fleet approaches from the East as well, odd given they are Northeast of me, but it matters little. (Actually, scratch that, it matters quite a bit, I'll tell ya in a second.)    

I begin to plan to move my fleet back South, but then I remember I have 50k materials doing nothing. I spawn in my first "proper" vehicle, a CRAM hovercraft that has served me well.    

I send it East to intercept the enemy fleet and encounter a Drake and Coyote. I blow up the Drake, then the Coyote.    

I reach the WF fleet at last, ready to engage. (You see, here it starts to matter, if it had come from Northeast, I could have engaged with my main fleet as well.)    

The Thresher is bigger than I remember, but it gets hit with a WF suicide rammer, the Martyr.    

Somehow its main gun survives just fine (I don't think the explosion algorithm is working right, it may just be out of range though. I take a big hit and loose my ammo supply.

After that and some loss of stability I decide it is best to retreat and repair.    

The WF fleet approaches, also an overview of the map so far. I'm gonna try to attack a few OW tiles with my airforce.    

Now fighting in my home tile, I destroy a few Martyrs and the giant flying ramsaw I forgot was in the fleet.    

My hovercraft is getting heavily damaged and my fortress finally has a good enough angle to engage, so I take personal control of the laser and snipe the exposed autoloaders,
blowing up the main gun.    

As my material count nears zero, I decide that I need to do something to not run out of resource completely, so I drive my damaged hovercruise toward the WF battleship.

I easly destroy the AI toward the front of the ship going through a hole probably created by a CRAM shot from my fortress. It is mine, for just enough time to get hit by some friendly fire before I scrap it.    

I send my hovercruiser back East, and as I pass through the empty WF square I get unfortunate news.    

In the mean time, My northern fleet has finally reached the DWG tile and a Gotha and some smaller forces emerge to attack my fleet. I think I have 1 or 2 tiles tll I reach the OW.