Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v2.15 missile controller not functioning
2018-02-10, 08:42 PM
v2.15 missile controller not functioning
Built a missile launcher on top of a two-axis turret in VD. Was loading in enemies and it was getting destroyed and rebuilt a lot. At once point it stopped working altogether. Even manually trying to fire it myself didn't work. Only way to fix it was to replace the missile controller. Decided not to report it here because I couldn't reproduce it. Kept on with my testing and about 20 minutes later the same thing happened again.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with setting the firing delay on the missile controller. The first time it happened, I had set a firing delay of about .5 seconds. When trying to recreate the problem, I had completely forgotten about that. The very next enemy after I remembered to set the firing delay made the bug pop up again. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as setting a firing delay and destroying the missile launcher and/or turret with the player weapons in order to reproduce it. It only happens randomly, so it must have something to do with specific circumstances of being engaged in a fight, then not?

Or perhaps the bug popping up after I set the firing delay was just coincidence, and it has nothing to do with that... I also set constraints on the turret, so it wouldn't aim below about 10 degrees above horizontal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-02-12, 08:57 PM
RE: v2.15 missile controller not functioning
It may be not firing if you are looking outside of the starting 45 degree required accuracy or your own settings. Firing delay is also annoying and problem causing.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply