Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brawlership Battle - 150k - Planning
2018-02-16, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-16 03:59 AM by Awellner.)
RE: Brawlership Battle - 150k - Planning
now that disruptors are banned there might be a lower material limit.
after some testing in the designer ive come to the conclusion that steam gives about 1k power per 1 material burned. aka for 300 material youll have 1000 power for the entire battle, if we use the same 5k for repairs and ammo like in KOTH then we would have 10k for fuel. or about 33k engine power with pistons. not sure about turbines but ive heard theyre a bit more material efficient. i could coat my KOTH entry fully in 3 layers strenght 5 shielding with the current budget. this has no problem with bouncing slow crams. let alone any aps shell thrown at it. i think this will result in slow battles of HE spam with near perfect energy defence made of lams and heavy shielding.

this engine produces 2800 engine power with a 2.8 material/s burn rate. i used 2 max power shields to make sure its under full load.
what would be an appropriate power limit now that disruptors are banned?

[Image: 268650_20180213171107_1.png]

FIRE ZE CANNONS!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-02-16, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-16 04:24 AM by T3hJimmer.)
OP updated
•Material limit lowered to 10k.

As Awellner demonstrates above you can get 1k power for 1 mat/s with steam pistons. You can also get 2k power for 1 mat/s with a modest steam-electric engine, and 3k power for 1 mat/s if you spend a stupid amount on batteries. If you use 5k materials for power (and save 5 k for ammo/repairs) you can have 16k engine power with pistons or 33k engine power with steam-electric. If you save all your materials for steam engines, and use a very efficient steam-electric engine you could produce 80k power for the entire match. Alternatively you could save all your resources for repairs, and use an RTG-electric system. You're not going to be able to power anything but propellers that way though.

•I also clarified that simple weapon rams *are* allowed.

Watch my videos!
Find all posts by this user
Yesterday, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 12:34 AM by Mourark.)
Hate to be the guy to ask.. but how would you like to handle internal propellers?

A heap of stacked exposed props on the back, or is hidden internally with the 8 or 9 block separation "OK" (I don't mind either way)

As an example attached is a internal picture of the propulsion for my hydrofoil assisted cheesy pseudo submarine that I cooked up a while ago.. Dodgy

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Yesterday, 01:13 AM
I've got no problem with internal propellers, just don't use spinblock shenanigans to get them to work.

Watch my videos!
Yesterday, 01:29 AM
Thumbs Up RE: Brawlership Battle - 150k - Planning
copy, thanks.
Yesterday, 05:30 PM
(Yesterday 01:13 AM)T3hJimmer Wrote:  I've got no problem with internal propellers, just don't use spinblock shenanigans to get them to work.

So you'r okey with a ship that has propellers on the inside of a closed hull?
Please don't. Confused
Yesterday, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 09:08 PM by Mourark.)
(Yesterday 05:30 PM)Dountoun Wrote:  
(Yesterday 01:13 AM)T3hJimmer Wrote:  I've got no problem with internal propellers, just don't use spinblock shenanigans to get them to work.

Please don't. Confused

The image above has a hidden path behind the prop to the outside of the hull kinda like a "hamilton jet" .. but your tasteful objection is noted I used this as an extreme example. Smile
Yesterday, 08:40 PM
(Yesterday 05:30 PM)Dountoun Wrote:  

Please don't. Confused

Why does it matter?

Watch my videos!