Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Nerf the bloody lift sources already
2018-05-16, 03:20 PM
RE: Nerf the bloody lift sources already
(2018-05-16 10:21 AM)khaz Wrote:  Yeah easier, but not as balanced Smile
I doubt any of it will ever happen though, just a possible custom campaign spin off option if someone ends up making it.

Please write down:
- the new physics values for the experiment
- a list of unit names which needs to be tested

And I will make a modified Neter and a showcase about it.
Then it caould be seen and tried out.
It won't be worse then the detectionless WW2 campaign. Wink

Happy to be in the service of armageddon - peace!

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-05-16, 04:26 PM
I'm going to post a poll in general discussion, though it can be moved if someplace else is deemed more suitable.

Personally, I'll be willing to dedicate some time to refitting a few fliers to make them re-flightworthy. I should have plenty of time this summer and nothing better to do.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
Find all posts by this user
2018-05-16, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-05-16 04:44 PM by MizarLuke.)
(2018-05-15 06:47 PM)khaz Wrote:  
(2018-05-15 06:09 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  I have the same issue. My last few ships have had that problem so much that I've had to stop working on them, since it is so bad that they are hardly controllable, very unstable, and either underwater or almost entirely out of the water. I can upload the BPs later if anyone knows of a solution.

You can put some downwards facing propellers and then use a PID set on altitude to force it to stay at a certain depth. Its not ideal but it works.

I may try, but it may not work too well. They are bobbing up and down by about 10m, taking my roll props, which are just above the bottom, out of the water. It would be an unnecessary extra thing to add which will use power and look ugly. Better than bobbing, though. I tried hydrofoils, and no where did they work, with or without an altitude hydrofoil PID

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-05-16, 04:58 PM
(2018-05-16 03:18 PM)LoSboccacc Wrote:  
(2018-05-16 10:40 AM)khaz Wrote:  The last time we looked at it there was a big backlash of people who didn't want it, so it was permanently shelved. We'd need to see a majority of people for it rather than against it as well quite a few people willing to refit the ingame faction fliers. Then after all that, final say is still up to Nick and if he's willing to sink the time into it.

that's a lame excuse for not fixing the gameplay

I'll be sure to pass that along to Nick
2018-05-16, 06:31 PM
The starmade devs made a balance change that the meta people didn't like and they kicked up a huge shitstorm over it. Last I checked their temper tantrum is still ongoing, and is well past the point of making rational arguments against the change and is now just a lot of personal attacks against the devs and claims that the game is dying.

Ah, the joys of game development.

However, I think the FTD community is better than that. People were salty about the resource change for a while, but that seems to have worked out.

A great nation is not a nation that rules the world. A great nation is a nation that realizes they don't have to.
2018-05-16, 08:34 PM
(2018-05-16 06:31 PM)Unhinged mechanic Wrote:  The starmade devs made a balance change that the meta people didn't like and they kicked up a huge shitstorm over it. Last I checked their temper tantrum is still ongoing, and is well past the point of making rational arguments against the change and is now just a lot of personal attacks against the devs and claims that the game is dying.

Ah, the joys of game development.

However, I think the FTD community is better than that. People were salty about the resource change for a while, but that seems to have worked out.

no. the starmade dev added a shitton of busywork that ultimately failed *all* the goals from their own problem statement.

gets high on math
2018-05-17, 05:35 PM
Oh yea, because filling your ship with a whole load of power tetris wasn't busywork, it was a masterpiece of perfect game design.

So clearly the correct response to it's change is to demand the devs change it back, then when your demands are not promptly met, go to personal attacks on the devs and anyone who sides with them on anything, turning the forum into a toxic shitstorm ultimately culminating in the overmoderation we have now.

A great nation is not a nation that rules the world. A great nation is a nation that realizes they don't have to.
2018-05-17, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-05-17 05:54 PM by khaz.)
(2018-05-17 05:35 PM)Unhinged mechanic Wrote:  Oh yea, because filling your ship with a whole load of power tetris wasn't busywork, it was a masterpiece of perfect game design.

So clearly the correct response to it's change is to demand the devs change it back, then when your demands are not promptly met, go to personal attacks on the devs and anyone who sides with them on anything, turning the forum into a toxic shitstorm ultimately culminating in the overmoderation we have now.

Haha very well said Smile

*edit*
It was actually from playing years of starmade that made me instantly buy FTD when it hit steam 4 years ago