Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
[2.12] Various Railgun Bugs
2018-01-16, 07:36 PM
[2.12] Various Railgun Bugs
This is 2 main things, railgun magnets spinning when set not to, and weird overclock values. I am new to using railguns, this is my first time making them. I posted this before in the 2.12 update, but it was probably the wrong place and no one noticed.

Railgun magnets will spin, even if set not to, when the barrels are set to spin. It will stop when you Q into the cannon menu.

The overclocking factor is unreliable, the equation must be messed up somehow. certain overclock values will reduce the charge speed, as they should, but sometimes the recharge speed will actually go up as you increase overclock. From what I can tell, it is neither linear, not exponential, or anything else that I can see.

I attached a version of the WF Treachery which I refitted, changing all the guns to rails. The 4 side AA guns show the first bug, with the rails rotating, and all should show the overclocking bug, especially the central guns.

It would also be nice if the railgun %battery to use was instead a fixed energy amount, since you have to change that setting if you add more or less batteries.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Treachery.blueprint (Size: 524.97 KB / Downloads: 8)

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-01-16, 08:59 PM
RE: [2.12] Various Railgun Bugs
Are these bugs also in 2.03 or are they new?
2018-01-17, 12:58 AM
I haven't used railguns before, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't have been a bug then too.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2018-01-17, 02:03 PM
MizarLuke, in my experience the barrel magnets will only spin with the game paused.

Procrastination level is over 9000
2018-01-19, 04:04 PM
*bump*

2018-01-30, 09:18 AM
The overclocking weirdness is not a bug. When you overclock, there are multiple trade-offs you can choose between: faster charge time or greater speed/accuracy buff, at the expense of energy consumption. As you increase the overclock, it is basically alternating between these choices, so it's not supposed to look like a single functional relationship -- because it is more than a single trade-off.
2018-01-30, 07:36 PM
Ok, I seemed to see that, about every 0.5 overclock, it got more strength, but more charge time. I find it quite odd that it was done that way, since all other overclocks are just one thing gets better (charge time, cooldown, or power), while others get worse (typically efficiency or something)

2018-05-17, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-05-17 06:36 PM by MizarLuke.)
*Bump* The second above-mentioned "bug" isn't really an issue, just a bit weird, but the rails rotating when set not to if the barrels are spinning, and the battery% being a % rather than amount (though this isn't a bug, just a suggestion), is still annoying. I can also confirm that the rails spinning when not meant to is still a thing in 2.16.

Additionally, more railgun magnets do not actually increase power or efficiency or decrease power use. They just reduce the amount of batteries needed for a certain power use, which isn't ever really an issue.