Poll: Gun Tube ATGM APS and guided munitions?
Hell yes
Yes, perhaps
No, prefer not
Hell no
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smart shells using target prediction guidance and gun tube ATGM
2018-01-12, 05:12 PM
Smart shells using target prediction guidance and gun tube ATGM
Maybe not the most balanced suggestion, but it might be nice for gun-tube style APS shells?

At the back of your shell you could place a rocketeer, and perhaps fuel casings could be added, which reduce muzzle velocity but build it up over time?

Using a nose that is overall very easily detectable and countered with low HP and AP, the shell could use the stabiliser fins to guide itself rudimentarily if the target stays within a small (10-25 degree) cone in front of itself.

I imagine the efficiency of the fins would follow a parabolic curve. At very high or low speeds it would not work well, while only at medium speeds it would perform optimally.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-01-12, 05:44 PM
RE: Smart shells using target prediction guidance and gun tube ATGM
No, No more lagmaking guided things, If someone decides to fire those at 2000RPM it would kill you PC like Missiles do when you launch 200 of them

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2018-02-01, 04:02 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-01 04:28 AM by Richard Dastardly.)
I would like guided shells *for CRAM*. No reason for APS, but it'd absolutely transform CRAM I think. Have it take up space like a fuse & you have to enable it, that'd avoid guidance processing most shells.

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
2018-02-01, 10:03 AM
(2018-02-01 04:02 AM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  I would like guided shells *for CRAM*. No reason for APS, but it'd absolutely transform CRAM I think. Have it take up space like a fuse & you have to enable it, that'd avoid guidance processing most shells.

Fins for my cram shells? Guidance fuse + laser targeter needed.
Meow-meow, purrrrrr. :3 Rolleyes

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-02-02, 05:22 AM
Guided artillery shells are GPS-guided, I'm pretty sure; would need *some* sort of understandable targetting system though.

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
2018-02-02, 03:21 PM
(2018-01-12 05:44 PM)Skyer Wrote:  No, No more lagmaking guided things, If someone decides to fire those at 2000RPM it would kill you PC like Missiles do when you launch 200 of them
My idea is to have some kind of server system like buoys do.

The servers will basically control the shells and every guided shell will take up one server space (Or more depending on the size and speed of the shell). And that if you ran out of server space the guided shells fired after that will be unguided and act like a normal APS/Cram shell. The servers will also have to be connected to an AI mainframe and will need processor cards to work.

I'm just going to call them servers for now since when I'm imagining what the block is going to look like I think of this. [Image: 33213788-3d-illustration-of-server-rack-...ground.jpg]

[Image: 0ORjbywm.png][Image: ZbWEl5um.jpg]
2018-02-02, 03:26 PM
/\
| Smart man, I like this Idea

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2018-02-02, 07:50 PM
I definitely approve of it for CRAMs, they are too inaccurate, or at least too slow and bad because of rapid movement. It might make them more competitive.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast