Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Boat propeller reverse thrust with LUA?
2018-01-11, 04:38 PM
Boat propeller reverse thrust with LUA?
Is this possible? As far as I can tell, it seems floatlogic allows only numbers 0 <-> +1 and no negative numbers?

Workshop: Voidware, INARI and more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-01-14, 12:35 AM
RE: Boat propeller reverse thrust with LUA?
You can either use thrust control or use drive maintainers to indirectly control the propellers. Both are not ideal, but can be used as a workaround in many cases
2018-01-14, 09:34 PM
(2018-01-14 12:35 AM)HerpeDerp Wrote:  You can either use thrust control or use drive maintainers to indirectly control the propellers. Both are not ideal, but can be used as a workaround in many cases

Unfortunately won't work in this case - it's basically a boat that works like thruster craft but in water. There's props for altitude (front and back), props for yaw (front and back), main propulsion. 3 maintainers wouldn't be anywhere near enough.

Thrust control is closer, but it overrides drive fractions so I'm not sure how well it would work for fine control and balance. It may be the closest thing available, but really I think LUA -should- have the ability to properly control bidirectional thrusters (like props).

2018-01-15, 04:40 PM
Lua should have many things it doesn't have. The ability to set fuses for advanced cannons and crams, the ability to interact with warp drives, refineries and loads of other stuff, he ability to read the status of other mainframes rather than just the one that has the lowest index and plenty of other stuff. The list is quite long for me really
2018-01-15, 07:59 PM
(2018-01-15 04:40 PM)HerpeDerp Wrote:  Lua should have many things it doesn't have. The ability to set fuses for advanced cannons and crams, the ability to interact with warp drives, refineries and loads of other stuff, he ability to read the status of other mainframes rather than just the one that has the lowest index and plenty of other stuff. The list is quite long for me really

True, that. Think I posted a sort of wish list about that long time ago. Stuff like, being able to get the salvage dumps (same way you get resource node list), able to get laser firing point (since you only get the combiner's location and you can't use that for aiming).. and several other things.