Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Real Replicas" Winner!
2018-01-10, 03:29 PM
"Real Replicas" Winner!
Time to announce and ward the winners for out Final Competition "Real Replicas".

First I want to thank everyone how has been participating, and I would particularly like to thank those of you who repeatedly submitted designs. Without you driving this on things would have sputtered out much faster.

Amazingly, first the first time in these competition, we have a clear winner who has won by far, and that is:
1st Place ACHTUNG with his Fuso35. Congrats ACTUNG, amazing ship.

In 2nd Place by the narrowest of margins is Rainbowlicious with his US M1A1 Abrams

and coming in 3rd is Hikari with her Dragonfly

Currently i cant access Discord, so I cant announce this there or give out colors there, but Ill go ahead and get the forum rewards done today.

ACTUNG, Please add me on Steam ASAP so i can send you your Gift Card.

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"Exaggerating just pisses me off" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-01-10, 04:47 PM
RE: "Real Replicas" Winner!
Well done, very nice from the both of you!

A guide to Realism

Ask me about After Cataclysm
2018-01-11, 04:07 PM
too bad it's over. the competitions made me actually open the game and do something. unfortunately they weren't very popular. for some reason player made tournaments had more success.
well. i hope i'll find the power to build something now just for the sake of it. not sure tho.
2018-01-11, 05:26 PM
I think people don't like simply aesthetic design competitions, preferring combat things. I can make a good functional vehicle, but it looks like trash, even worse compared to some of the stuff here.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-01-11, 07:34 PM
(2018-01-11 05:26 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  I think people don't like simply aesthetic design competitions, preferring combat things. I can make a good functional vehicle, but it looks like trash, even worse compared to some of the stuff here.

It is entirely possible to make something look well and fight well...
2018-01-11, 07:43 PM
(2018-01-11 07:34 PM)-ACHTUNG- Wrote:  
(2018-01-11 05:26 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  I think people don't like simply aesthetic design competitions, preferring combat things. I can make a good functional vehicle, but it looks like trash, even worse compared to some of the stuff here.

It is entirely possible to make something look well and fight well...

Maybe for you, but for most of us, simple mortals, creating a beautiful ship is still an inaccessible dream...

Congratulation for your ship by the way, i'm not sure I have enough vocabulary in english to tell how beautiful it is, so I'll stick to 'amazing', but that's an understatement.
2018-01-12, 11:38 AM
I haven't opened the game in a while. Very unstable and buggy for me right now so I can't really enjoy building atm. I could have uploaded one of my older designs though.

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong" -Voltaire
2018-02-13, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-13 04:52 PM by Vorpalim.)
Ex bot garbage message
Vorpalim was here and banned a filthy bot
2018-02-13, 11:43 AM
How does this ad come 'ere

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2018-02-13, 03:49 PM
I saw one in Podcasts or the Development team subforum or something awhile back.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast