Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it possible?I need this LUA
2018-01-10, 10:15 AM
Is it possible?I need this LUA
I need collaborated LUA that are Fighter and Hover. In idle, the vehicle have to do hovering. But if enemy engage, It don't hovering but move like fighter.

Is it possible?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-01-11, 01:02 AM
RE: Is it possible?I need this LUA
(2018-01-10 10:15 AM)khy12ab Wrote:  I need collaborated LUA that are Fighter and Hover. In idle, the vehicle have to do hovering. But if enemy engage, It don't hovering but move like fighter.

Is it possible?

by fighter do you mean face directly at target or behave like air ai?

Builds things*
*Quality Varies
2018-01-11, 04:49 AM
(2018-01-11 01:02 AM)Albino Wrote:  
(2018-01-10 10:15 AM)khy12ab Wrote:  I need collaborated LUA that are Fighter and Hover. In idle, the vehicle have to do hovering. But if enemy engage, It don't hovering but move like fighter.

Is it possible?

um, similar.
In idle, the vehicle is hovering at 150m and move like hovercraft.
In combat, do not hovering and do a dogfighting like a FW190 in DW.

This is what I mean
2018-01-11, 10:19 AM
(2018-01-11 04:49 AM)khy12ab Wrote:  

Is it possible?

um, similar.

This is what I mean
you could achieve this with acbs, when enemy is within 5000m, turn of whatever hover tactic you use, and set mainframe to combat; then when there are no enemies within 5000m, or no enemies at all, you can set the hover thing on and turn the mainframe to off.
how does the vehicle hover? do you have the blueprint or just asking if it is possible (witch it is)?

Builds things*
*Quality Varies
2018-01-11, 12:48 PM
(2018-01-11 10:19 AM)Albino Wrote:  
(2018-01-11 04:49 AM)khy12ab Wrote:  

Is it possible?

um, similar.

This is what I mean
you could achieve this with acbs, when enemy is within 5000m, turn of whatever hover tactic you use, and set mainframe to combat; then when there are no enemies within 5000m, or no enemies at all, you can set the hover thing on and turn the mainframe to off.
how does the vehicle hover? do you have the blueprint or just asking if it is possible (witch it is)?

I thought that. but I think it will not do fleet move.
I'm making this thing. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...1242258898
I want to move It with AI, so I need LUA..
2018-01-11, 04:30 PM
I'm not really sure what "move like a fighter" even means in context of FTD. You'd likely be building a thruster craft based on the link, so you would probably get pretty good results with draba's hover script:

http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=15393

If you want to do something more fancy, like make it hover at "standing" position but fly in prone position, then it gets a bit more tricky - but if you wanted to make something that advanced, you probably wouldn't need to ask what you are asking, if that makes sense. >.>

Since in thruster craft you control lift and forward propulsion separately, I don't see how this would really be two separate things - you use lift thrusters to maintain altitude, and cut out propulsion when there's no enemies around.. and when there's enemies around, you start moving around. You could probably achieve something pretty close to this by using PID controllers to control the altitude/roll/pitch and using naval AI to control movement (while setting vehicle to use thrusters in both air and water).

If what you want is to make it move like it had "jet boots" (iron man style), that's also possible - but more complicated. Changing draba's hover lua to handle that would be possible, but you'd need to understand it fully, and it would not be trivial.

Workshop: Voidware, INARI and more.
2018-01-13, 06:22 AM
Exactly what you need. Bonus transformation
[D.E.A.D System] Remora drone