Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems with LWC and stacked turrets.
2018-01-08, 09:51 PM
Problems with LWC and stacked turrets.
I'm trying to build a few tanks with APS mgs as stacked turrets
The problem is the APS mgs have a higher shell speed than the main gun, making it so the LWC aims using then, so the cannon misses basically every shot unless at very close ranges.
So far the only workarounds i know of is increasing the shell speed of the cannon or decreasing the shell speed of the MGs, but the first would require the use of more powder (increasing reload time) or using SABOT/Composite ammo ( making me unable to use HEAT)
The second would lower the MGs value as a weapon, so it would be better to just remove then.
So, anything else i could do ?
Blueprints are attached

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Modelle 19 E2 Light Tank.blueprint (Size: 84.1 KB / Downloads: 12)
.blueprint  TEX-105 Main Battle Tank.blueprint (Size: 85.72 KB / Downloads: 12)

Ur mum is a nice lady.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-01-09, 11:58 AM
RE: Problems with LWC and stacked turrets.
The problem is hard to solve.
Different guns with different velocities on the same turret won't work well.

Currently I'm scanning all the stacked turrets in order to find the fastest weapon, I may search turret per turret, and return the fastest weapon on the closest turret from the LWC.

But I'd like to find a 'good way' of doing it in order to avoid changing the LWC too much...
So, if someone has a good idea about how to handle LWCs aiming, don't hesitate to share.
2018-01-09, 02:29 PM
Maybe just make all weapons handle aiming individually, and have the LWC aim each separately? It would also account for losing barrels on one gun for multi-barrel turrets.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-01-09, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-01-09 02:56 PM by Normal69.)
An LWC controlling the actual turret block shouldn't control automatically all the weapons in the turret. Maybe with a toggle switch.
Separate controllers then for all the weapons, except when they are in range (max 2 blocks away straight).
I am actually using this config, like this (Weapon, Turret, Controller) and they aimed separately:
.....W
W..C..W
.....T

After a few months, you collect opinions who uses the toggle, and if it goes well, you don't need to search the turret bodies for remote weapons on it.

Or see lathland's latest land campign video, it begins with trying out a 2 turreted tank (machine gun on top of a big gun turret), where he tries to assign 2 different AIs to them, but fails, because the base turret's controller moves the little gun too.

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-01-10, 11:39 AM
(2018-01-09 11:58 AM)Gladyon Wrote:  The problem is hard to solve.
Different guns with different velocities on the same turret won't work well.

Currently I'm scanning all the stacked turrets in order to find the fastest weapon, I may search turret per turret, and return the fastest weapon on the closest turret from the LWC.

But I'd like to find a 'good way' of doing it in order to avoid changing the LWC too much...
So, if someone has a good idea about how to handle LWCs aiming, don't hesitate to share.

What about making it gauge based?
The LWC could look for the fastest gun of certain gauge, and aim all other guns using that one
Lets say for example i have a turret with 2 300mm guns, and a stacked turret on it with 2 40mm guns.
The LWC checks for the fastest 40mm and the fastest 300mm, and aim based on that.
Or we could make LWC prioritize bigger gauges, losing a few MG shots id better than losing cannon rounds.

Ur mum is a nice lady.
2018-01-10, 03:46 PM
I would go for more complex system like
APS1 45s aim here in 15s I want to fire then
APS2 15s reload aim over there in 5s I want to fire
//APS3 I do not want to fire
APS4 aim there I am ready to fire
APS5' turret aim here so I can aim on target in 2s
APS6 10s reload aim overthere in 5s I want to fire
Then rotor turns on requests in optimal order:
APS4
APS5
APS6 assuming timing benefit over APS2
APS2 2s wait to train on targed due to aim per APS6's request