Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aerograv flak
2017-12-21, 10:37 PM
Aerograv flak
A made up type of ammo intended as a way to slow down flying vehicles
Up on being hit, a vehicle will be subjected to a flak cloud that incurs added *synthetic* drag on anything within. The larger the cloud, the more potent the effect (multiple rapid shots will not stack and will just refresh the effect).

This means low gauge guns would esscentially act like a leash while larger calibers would impart nastier effects. you can trade out potency for duration and the reduced drag basically works like a real time slow motion effect so the flier will not derp out, but rather just go slower than usuall until the effect gradually wears off.

the Component does not do any damage.

Never sail out to far on the daft raft.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-22, 12:25 PM
RE: Aerograv flak
Oh, yes please! Fast fliers, eat a few minibuses for me please!

Lamb, a heavy aeroflak combined with harpoons, hmmmm

The only problem I see is that it could actually make hitting targets harder if it can not be hit constantly, if the craft is hit, slown down, then all the shells aimed in front miss, the effect wears off, it speeds up, and then all the shells aimed after it miss. The effect would need to be sufficiently long that the shells have time to reach their targets before said target speeds up again.

This statement is false
2017-12-24, 11:23 PM
that is true. what´s also true is that this type of Shell would be better of called something with statis as that´s basically what my syntethic drag effect is.

Never sail out to far on the daft raft.
2017-12-27, 12:24 AM
absolutely amazing idea, could make crams actually viable
or maybe rework gravrams to work like this, to actually ram some gravitons into the target thus making it more massive and slow
anyway +1 from me
2017-12-27, 03:37 AM
(2017-12-24 11:23 PM)Char_charodon Wrote:  that is true. what´s also true is that this type of Shell would be better of called something with statis as that´s basically what my syntethic drag effect is.

Stasis Webifier. Wink