Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Heavy bore evacuator
2017-12-20, 05:52 AM
Heavy bore evacuator
Simple request: an APS bore evacuator barrel block with the stats ( or near the stats ) of a heavy barrel - can put it by the mantlet where you expect the fattest part of a large gun without risking the entire barrel being blown off by having a weak link. No matter what the tooltip says, the normal bore evacuator has the stats of a normal barrel already other than bouyancy.

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-20, 03:35 PM
RE: Heavy bore evacuator
+1, 10/10, pls

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2017-12-21, 10:27 AM
and CRAM barrels
2017-12-21, 06:12 PM
The whole tradeoff is bonus cooling specifically for a weak point in the barrel, doing this would be a complete counter to what it does.

You could also just use 1-2 more coolers, because that's all it counts for.

Unfortunately it also looks fucking amazing and I tend to use it even if I don't need it as a midsection to my barrels.

So a heavy fat barrel piece would be cool.

Grav rams are like the Looney Toons of shell types... Absolutely hilarious in short bursts.
2017-12-21, 07:42 PM
It actually wasn't any weaker until we got 4m and heavy barrels, at which point it got slightly weaker, but still not by too much.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2017-12-21, 07:51 PM
I put bore actuators most of the time on the position of where heavy barrel meets normal barrel, it fits really well there and for multibarell and small guns I use the on the end of the barrels Smile

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2017-12-21, 08:46 PM
I put them after the mantlet and at the end, if I don't use a muzzle break, which tend not to use.

2017-12-22, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-12-22 03:54 AM by Richard Dastardly.)
(2017-12-21 06:12 PM)SynthTwo Wrote:  The whole tradeoff is bonus cooling specifically for a weak point in the barrel, doing this would be a complete counter to what it does.

Unfortunately it also looks fucking amazing and I tend to use it even if I don't need it as a midsection to my barrels.

* Read the tooltip
* Check the stats
* Read my post.

Once again, the current one has the same stats as a normal barrel except for the bouyancy.

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
2017-12-22, 12:16 PM
(2017-12-22 03:53 AM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  
(2017-12-21 06:12 PM)SynthTwo Wrote:  The whole tradeoff is bonus cooling specifically for a weak point in the barrel, doing this would be a complete counter to what it does.

* Read the tooltip
* Check the stats
* Read my post.

Once again, the current one has the same stats as a normal barrel except for the bouyancy.

I think he meant weak point compared to heavy barrel.

This statement is false
2017-12-22, 03:00 PM
It was the same stats as a normal barrel before the implementation of heavies. It would make sense for there to be a heavy version with the same stats as a heavy barrel, or at least slightly better than a normal barrel.