Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Buff APS accuracy! (or at least correct it!)
2017-12-17, 02:37 AM
RE: Buff APS accuracy! (or at least correct it!)
(2017-12-16 09:09 AM)Skyer Wrote:  I would actually agree that APS accuracy could be increased by ~20-50% which would help greatly to stop having unboiled spaghetti as barrels...

Except it won't, people will still make long barrels because they can, they'll only stop when they have a reason to, and I don't want the reason being because they managed to get 0.001 inaccuracy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-17, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-12-17 10:37 AM by moonruner.)
I also believe longer barrel (than a certain length), worse accuracy IRL, but even if not,
Longer barrels need penalty in order not to give us a sence of another existing longer barrel's penalty; aesthetics.

(2017-07-20 10:38 AM)moonruner Wrote:  This is quarter of the first. Guys had complained about barrel length and it turned to half. And it's reduced again.
At the first time I warned that peoples eternally complain as long as formula (proportion and constant) is as it is.
A few month later, it well be reduced again and a year's later, it would get to be 1/1024.
2017-12-17, 04:02 PM
What if barrel length decreased accuracy instead of increasing it?
This would mean people would have to compromise between having the full muzzle velocity of the shell and an accurate shot.
2017-12-17, 04:35 PM
(2017-12-17 04:02 PM)gxy Wrote:  What if barrel length decreased accuracy instead of increasing it?
This would mean people would have to compromise between having the full muzzle velocity of the shell and an accurate shot.

You will always need some barrel which is about as much or a little more than the amount needed to reach maximum muzzle velocity, so this wouldn't work and would be really stupid

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2017-12-17, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-12-17 11:12 PM by MizarLuke.)
I think maybe just increase accuracy by about 100%, meaning twice as accurate, and add a bit of exponential reduction after the minimum barrel length for propellant burn.

I think that the effective range also needs talked about. Your 500m/s shell slows down by maybe 50m/s over 2-3km, then slows down to by 400m/s over 50-100 meters, which is totally silly, I assume it was done to decrease the ridiculous range of APS, but you can still get 100km range with railguns, so I think it should at least be changed to maybe 2-3x deceleration at effective range, rather than the curret 100x or so.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
2017-12-18, 10:30 AM
(2017-12-17 04:02 PM)gxy Wrote:  What if barrel length decreased accuracy instead of increasing it?

Exactly as you cannot make shields which demand low power and reflects in high probability, so you dont have to complain about too long barrel.

If you want to have it both ways, you can use a rail gun: Best length for accuracy and unlimited muzzle velocity.
I have though the number gun powder should soft capped by barrel length, (I claimed this BEFORE THE TWO CHANGING about barrel length!), so if so, both velocity and accuracy are not limited.
2017-12-18, 11:36 AM
I would approve of an accuracy buff, or at least make it so that small calibers are significantly more accurate than higher calibers, to offset their lesser destructive potential and to increase their worth as an AA/CIWS weapon.

Perhaps a 10% accuracybuff to 500mm and a 50% buff to 50mm and a lineair scaling in between would do.

Procrastination level is over 9000
2017-12-18, 09:12 PM
(2017-12-18 11:36 AM)Eagle Wrote:  I would approve of an accuracy buff, or at least make it so that small calibers are significantly more accurate than higher calibers, to offset their lesser destructive potential and to increase their worth as an AA/CIWS weapon.

Perhaps a 10% accuracybuff to 500mm and a 50% buff to 50mm and a lineair scaling in between would do.

But Large caliber guns usually had better long range performance, doesnt make sense to make small guns better at it.

[Image: eeeeeeeeeee.PNG]
2017-12-19, 01:44 AM
(2017-12-18 11:36 AM)Eagle Wrote:  I would approve of an accuracy buff, or at least make it so that small calibers are significantly more accurate than higher calibers, to offset their lesser destructive potential and to increase their worth as an AA/CIWS weapon.

Prediction messes up AA more than accuracy. I wouldn't actually like slightly more accuracy, since the inaccuracy would help when most of your shots miss.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
2017-12-19, 10:30 AM
(2017-12-19 01:44 AM)MizarLuke Wrote:  

Prediction messes up AA more than accuracy. I wouldn't actually like slightly more accuracy, since the inaccuracy would help when most of your shots miss.

Then you keep your barrel stubby and there's no problem anymore Smile

Procrastination level is over 9000