Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Dev Test] Turret tentacles? Help?
2017-12-14, 01:11 AM
[Dev Test] Turret tentacles? Help?
Okay, this is an idea I had for very creative weapons and visual design, but I know since turrets can be placed on turrets now, You could chain them, And several together they will all turn to aim, though start 'straightening out' into a straight line each part that is aimed the right direction, I would like to set 'angle limits' for each turret, so that way each one can only rotate to a certain degree, However the current 'limitations' are based purely on vehicle/structure angle, when I would like to set the limitations to the turrets 'perspective' aka each turret, can aim say, 20 degrees in any direction, but that's any direction from 'its position' meaning if it is on something that can turn 20 degrees to the right, IT could turn 'itself' 20 degrees to the right, making a total of 40 degrees.

Does this make sense? and if so, how would I do this? Or is there no way without resorting to LUA at this time.

[Image: 76561197965955364.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-14, 09:04 PM
RE: [Dev Test] Turret tentacles? Help?
You did well explaining it, and it has been brought up before in the 2.1 update thread. I don't think it will happen anytime soon, and it isn't possible currently. You probably just need LUA.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
2017-12-15, 08:40 AM
RE: [Dev Test] Turret tentacles? Help?
(2017-12-14 09:04 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  You did well explaining it, and it has been brought up before in the 2.1 update thread. I don't think it will happen anytime soon, and it isn't possible currently. You probably just need LUA.

Ah, well glad to know I explained it well enough, though alright, I just was wondering because I remembered the 'old kraken' fortress that kinda had something like that, but they were really just very, very long limbs on a turret, Though at least Doing several linked two axis turrets does 'kinda' get the effect, even though it eventually just becomes 'fully straightened' at the target.

[Image: 76561197965955364.png]