Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eclipse armor
2017-12-10, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-12-10 10:27 PM by Char_charodon.)
Eclipse armor
A fictional reactive armor type that darkens upon being subjected to a Close by light source.
it absorbs large ammounts of light and can nullify a lot of warm energy, making it a good counter against lasers.

the muzzle flash from your guns will dissapear if Close by and your light fittings will be cancelled out if the emitted light is too strong.

The armor weighs as much as regular metal but comes at near the same price as HA, and is not the best at dealing with kinetic damage etc.

it is essentially smoke but in a 1x1 form factor and it will also gain armor bonuses, though you have no controll over its Active state and it has a Little bit less range than smoke (but does not consume ammo and materials).

it will not cancel out smoke but will instead benefit from having smoke nearby as smoke can extend its effective range (although the further away from the block the less damage is absorbed.

Never sail out to far on the daft raft.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-10, 10:45 PM
RE: Eclipse armor
Armor that darkens on contact with them would make lasers worse.

H͢elp!̵ I'͝ve bee͡n t̛rapped͜ ͏i͝n̢ ́my͝ co̕mpu͜t̴er! ҉A ҉bo̵t͢ ͏c̶o̷n̨ţrol͢s ҉m̸y͘ body͏!
2017-12-11, 04:12 AM
RE: Eclipse armor
Lasers are already too countered. Maybe after laser balance comes, but we already have a decent variety of armor, and more may just clutter the game too much.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast