Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ship stability issues
2017-12-08, 01:32 AM
Ship stability issues
my boat is hell bent on flipping itself over even with PID's. Can anyone help me out? not sure what im doing wrong?

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Sleeper.blueprint (Size: 87.24 KB / Downloads: 15)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-08, 03:23 PM
RE: Ship stability issues
I haven't looked at it, but it likely has too high of a CoM (center of mass), meaning it is must stable upside down. You can fix it by adding a large keel, decreasing weight at the top, or using strong PIDs, though natural stabilization is always better. You can also use hydrofoils on the bow, rear, and either side set to 45* where the water line should be, if your vehicle will be always moving. I'll check it out tonight if I have the time.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
2017-12-08, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-12-08 07:08 PM by Richy.)
RE: Ship stability issues
Remove the propellers that you're using for stability, and replace the wooden beams they're mounted on with lead.

Edit: You've built the ship sideways. Use the rotate 90 degrees option when you load it to get it facing the right way. Seems to work okay like that. Also set the turning propellers at the back to reverse.

My completed conquest of Neter: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=27653