Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I might host a land torunament.
2017-12-06, 09:57 PM
I might host a land torunament.
I recently just got around to learning recording and im willing to try some things out in order to eventually host a land torunament once i get things sorted out.

Not sure what it should be, but i would really like it to be multi entry.
I do not have a mic so there will not be any commentary(which is a bit sad), though i should be able to record ingame sounds.

Got any ideas? (note: i may mash ideas together or just settle on something eventually).

Never sail out to far on the daft raft.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-06, 11:05 PM
RE: I might host a land torunament.
(2017-12-06 09:57 PM)Char_charodon Wrote:  I recently just got around to learning recording and im willing to try some things out in order to eventually host a land torunament once i get things sorted out.

Not sure what it should be, but i would really like it to be multi entry.
I do not have a mic so there will not be any commentary(which is a bit sad), though i should be able to record ingame sounds.

Got any ideas? (note: i may mash ideas together or just settle on something eventually).

Some things I've noticed over time:

1) On land material limits should be quite low
2) Two's company, three's a crowd, and ten's a clusterfuck (more than about 6 vehicles on a team + FTD AI = rip)
3) I (along with probably most other people) have very specific building habits and we tend to prefer not to pushed out of our comfort zones
4) Keep the rules simple. I probably went a bit too crazy for the fiendish fray, just ban a few OP things (maybe also ban jets on tanks for example)
5) Tank wars was good from what I can remember, the more like that the better

When you say 'multi entry' do you mean multiple vehicles per blueprint or multiple submissions per player? If it's the first one, then good, as land battles tend to feel a bit lonely as 1v1s (but as I said earlier, 24 vehicles on a team in the Gobi offensive was waaaaaay too many)

Good luck with the tournament ! (I'll probably want to enter since I haven't been able to do any land stuff in a while)

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside
2017-12-07, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-12-07 06:21 PM by Char_charodon.)
How does this sound(not a finalized ruleset)? A somewhat random team based tourney where You have 10 size classes from 5-50k and the total rp per team is 100k.
there are different classes only that some classes are restricted to a certain size range like for example 15-25k.
for example, you could be something like a tank and you'd have to fit in between 5-10 or 25-50k.

You may submit 2 vehicles at most(you can only have one vehicle active per battle but they will never have to fight eachother).

The smaller vehicles have less restrictions while the larger vehicles basically have more RP and identical restrictions, but benefit less from them as they get bigger.
Teams will be selected out of a battle queue and if a vehicle did not make it in due to the numbers not adding up, it will be reserved for the next battle.

The teams will be entirely different from one Another in most cases but the total cost of both teams is always very identical.
The maximum pop per battle will be 10 per team and there will also be a rule to set firing range restrictions and AI mainframe startup delays with ACB´s.
This gives the teams time to get into formation and not be obstructed by their team mates.

Lua, PAC´s and even spinblock clipping will be allowed but those will be deemed specials and are restricted in some ways.
gravrams on the other hand are not allowed.

I will use the tournament mod and determine how long your vehicle survived and how well it performed based on class and from what i saw on screen . a complete loose streak because of teammates should not result in your vehicle suffering if it performed well. if the way i determine how well your vehicle performed seems biased then we could Always analyze what i missed and compile data for a better ruleset in Another season if that happens.

Never sail out to far on the daft raft.
2017-12-07, 10:27 PM
(2017-12-07 06:16 PM)Char_charodon Wrote:  How does this sound(not a finalized ruleset)? A somewhat random team based tourney where You have 10 size classes from 5-50k and the total rp per team is 100k.
there are different classes only that some classes are restricted to a certain size range like for example 15-25k.
for example, you could be something like a tank and you'd have to fit in between 5-10 or 25-50k.

You may submit 2 vehicles at most(you can only have one vehicle active per battle but they will never have to fight eachother).

The smaller vehicles have less restrictions while the larger vehicles basically have more RP and identical restrictions, but benefit less from them as they get bigger.
Teams will be selected out of a battle queue and if a vehicle did not make it in due to the numbers not adding up, it will be reserved for the next battle.

The teams will be entirely different from one Another in most cases but the total cost of both teams is always very identical.
The maximum pop per battle will be 10 per team and there will also be a rule to set firing range restrictions and AI mainframe startup delays with ACB´s.
This gives the teams time to get into formation and not be obstructed by their team mates.

Lua, PAC´s and even spinblock clipping will be allowed but those will be deemed specials and are restricted in some ways.
gravrams on the other hand are not allowed.

I will use the tournament mod and determine how long your vehicle survived and how well it performed based on class and from what i saw on screen . a complete loose streak because of teammates should not result in your vehicle suffering if it performed well. if the way i determine how well your vehicle performed seems biased then we could Always analyze what i missed and compile data for a better ruleset in Another season if that happens.

I certainly like the idea of being part of a randomly-assigned team, but I refer to my previous statement:

(2017-12-06 11:05 PM)Kaonicping Wrote:  2) Two's company, three's a crowd, and ten's a clusterfuck

10 on a team is just too many IMO, also keep in mind you probably won't get 20 entries, let alone 40.

I'm not keen on the idea of unbanning cheesy stuff and restricting it. IMO it will just make battles more painful to watch and one-sided, and we've got enough variety with the stuff that is normally allowed.

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside