Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Engine Troubles Now Fixed. Now it's PID questions
2017-12-06, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-12-07 02:42 AM by Captain_Fox.)
Engine Troubles Now Fixed. Now it's PID questions
I've been trying to make a small, jet-hovering airship and I can't get the main engine to work. Can someone look it over and help?

I also don't know if it's got enough power in general to make it fly. I've never tried what I'm doing before, I've only got (a tiny amount of) experience with deliblades.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Guardian-Class Flyironclad.blueprint (Size: 134.17 KB / Downloads: 9)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-06, 09:43 PM
RE: Engine Troubles (Again. God these are annoying and un-intuitive as hell.)
a) Pictures please Big Grin
b) I would look at it if it would be 22:40 Tongue I go to sleep now :/

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2017-12-06, 09:53 PM
(2017-12-06 09:43 PM)Skyer Wrote:  a) Pictures please Big Grin
b) I would look at it if it would be 22:40 Tongue I go to sleep now :/

Ah...right. Pictures. I'll get those in a bit. ^^;
2017-12-06, 11:51 PM
As you have Naval AI, you have to go to vehicle properties (V key) and select "jets used in Air and Naval mode". Otherwise AI won't turn your jets on.

Also increase the "Motor Drive" value of your dediblades to get more speed and eat more engine power.
Enjoy.

primum non nocere
2017-12-07, 01:21 AM
(2017-12-06 11:51 PM)harnas1977 Wrote:  As you have Naval AI, you have to go to vehicle properties (V key) and select "jets used in Air and Naval mode". Otherwise AI won't turn your jets on.

Also increase the "Motor Drive" value of your dediblades to get more speed and eat more engine power.
Enjoy.

I did forget the V menu, but that's not the problem. The problem is I can't get the engine to work properly.
2017-12-07, 02:44 AM
RE: Engine Troubles Now Fixed. Now it's PID questions
Ok. I've figured out the engine issues. I'll upload the updated thing, and I'd like some help understanding the PID system. I've got a very, very basic one (literally the only thing changed is the test simulation thing so it actually does stuff), but I don't understand the interface too much and can't figure out how to make it fly at a certain altitude.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Guardian-Class Flyironclad.blueprint (Size: 140.29 KB / Downloads: 3)