Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Squash head With Shaped secondary
2017-11-22, 07:16 AM
Squash head With Shaped secondary
Does it work at all, it seems to allow me to put a shaped charge secondary behind a squash head, and im not sure if it works. Tel me what it would do and if it works.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-22, 07:48 AM
RE: Squash head With Shaped secondary
Welcome to the forums!
1) you can test it yourself
2) i knew that it works just never though to use it, definetly going to test it after i come home

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2017-11-22, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-22 06:57 PM by Logica.)
(2017-11-22 07:48 AM)Skyer Wrote:  Welcome to the forums!
1) you can test it yourself
2) i knew that it works just never though to use it, definetly going to test it after i come home

I did, but just didnt see anything special. It seemed it did more damage, but i was shoting at my ships radar dish. Also, i was asking, what type of effect should it do, like does it squash and all the fragments do the shaped charge head.
2017-11-22, 07:10 PM
The secondary shaped charge I believe is to counter the ERA armor. I cant fully explain it tho :/
2017-11-22, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-22 07:53 PM by Skyer.)
(2017-11-22 07:10 PM)lordmuck Wrote:  The secondary shaped charge I believe is to counter the ERA armor. I cant fully explain it tho :/

It counters ERA by, having the primary charge with basicly no pen at all infront which then destroyes the ERA, and then the Secondary charge actualy does the damage, its also know as Tandem Charges

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2017-11-22, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-22 08:23 PM by Logica.)
I know waht a shaped charge head with a shaped charge seecondary is, i dont know what the SQUASH HEAD with a SHAPED CHARGE SECONDARY does.
2017-11-22, 09:31 PM
It got a little bit more penetration to the front, In general I would say that its not that good..

2017-11-22, 09:43 PM
best way to find out if it's worth it is to build a setup that would allow you to test it's penetration. so some kind of wall -> space -> wall -> target material. The only way I see this being useful is if you encounter spaced armor designed to defeat HESH shells by allowing you to penetrate through the airgap which HEAT can do with enough pen metric and HESH can never do. Alternately, it gives you a *tiny* benefit if you are hitting HEAT vulnerable blocks as part of a solid vehicle since HESH needs an air-gap to spawn fragments. However, I have to imagine that the extra HE modules needed to give a good HESH and a good HEAT is going to make the shell so large that you'd be better off just using a pure HESH or a pure HEAT shell.

-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.
2017-11-22, 10:04 PM
(2017-11-22 09:43 PM)Lincrono Wrote:  best way to find out if it's worth it is to build a setup that would allow you to test it's penetration. so some kind of wall -> space -> wall -> target material. The only way I see this being useful is if you encounter spaced armor designed to defeat HESH shells by allowing you to penetrate through the airgap which HEAT can do with enough pen metric and HESH can never do. Alternately, it gives you a *tiny* benefit if you are hitting HEAT vulnerable blocks as part of a solid vehicle since HESH needs an air-gap to spawn fragments. However, I have to imagine that the extra HE modules needed to give a good HESH and a good HEAT is going to make the shell so large that you'd be better off just using a pure HESH or a pure HEAT shell.

Well if im honest, im using a big advanced cannon to fire it, as i wanted the customizability and speed that crams simply didnt have.
2017-11-23, 12:14 AM
Both heads function just as they would individually.
The HESH head uses all the HE warheads directly behind it to inflict thump damage and causes spalling (scattering HESH frags) on the inside of the enemy's first armor layer. The secondary shaped charge shoots a HEAT jet forward in a ray which damages susceptible blocks and ejects HEAT frags every time it pierces an enemy armor layer.