Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Custom control + ACB + AI question
2017-11-21, 04:36 PM
Custom control + ACB + AI question
Hey peeps,

So I was hoping to use the custom controller yet also have the AI use these controls to move the construct in combat and also follow way points in patrol or fleet move.

The propulsion of the vehicle will be dedi blades with extensions for forward and reverse (if I use reverse) It will use a navel AI, rudder + props for steering. However I want it also to stop moving forwards or backwards once it hits the waypoint or at X distance away from target.

I have tried and made an absolute mess, so if anyone has a good base steps or would like to list out what to bind with what, would be very helpful. If its too much hassle to type, a simple blueprint would also be epic so I just prefab ACBs and so on hahaah Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-21, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-21 06:16 PM by Qwert26.)
RE: Custom control + ACB + AI question
Ok, here are the steps:
  1. Setup custom control inputs and the mode of operation for your dediblades, for propeller like behavior use instant spin. If they are facing backwards you want them in the reverse setting, so that they can push you forward. Assign "T" as a positive input and "G" as a negative input.
  2. Place two ACBs: The first one activates when the control for forwards is recieved and affects "Control", in its setting you use the number 20 for "T". The second one activates when the control for backwards is recieved and affects also "Control", set it to the number 7 for "G".

This of course can be extended to use dediblades for yawing, pitching, altitude control and rolling for aircrafts. The second and third exclude each other: You can have one of them, but not both.

Here is your mock-up:
.blueprint  Dediblade Controls.blueprint (Size: 36.29 KB / Downloads: 8)

When having problems please provide:
  • An accurate Description
  • A Picture
  • The Blueprint of the vehicle
Otherwise help is not possible.
2017-11-21, 06:50 PM
cool thanks mate, Does the AI still steer as normal tho ?
2017-11-21, 08:47 PM
The AI will try and do all it's normal stuff - the ACBs are reading what the AI is trying to do and doing extra things.

If you want to get an idea of how to use full ACB AI control check out the guides about ACB-controlled tanks.

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 29/11/17. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
2017-11-21, 10:06 PM
(2017-11-21 08:47 PM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  The AI will try and do all it's normal stuff - the ACBs are reading what the AI is trying to do and doing extra things.

If you want to get an idea of how to use full ACB AI control check out the guides about ACB-controlled tanks.

thanks forgot there was stuff in there lol Big Grin