Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Fiendish Fray [Running]
2017-11-21, 01:23 AM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 09:53 PM by Kaonicping.)
Fiendish Fray [Running]
Rules

Exploits
-No external save file editing
-No legacy blocks
-No excessive clipping (clipping barrels through the hull is OK as long as at least 3 barrels are external at any time)
-No fully internal dediblades (all dedicated heliblade spinner extension blocks must have clear line of sight out of the vehicle in their forward direction (dediblade parts are not counted for this check so you can stack them on top of each other))
-No fully internal jets/propellers (the centre block of each must have clear line of sight out of the vehicle in the direction they're facing)
-No spinblock abuse (using spinblocks to get round certain resrictions eg in-hull detection and using spinblocked wings to reduce drag)
-Basically, no exploits, including any I missed (if you think it might be an exploit, ask or don't use it)

Cheese
-Excessive jittery motion is banned (I will be reasonably lenient, but as a rule don't intentionally make anything jittery and use PIDs wherever possible). If I think your vehicle is too jittery I will give you more time to resubmit.
-Your team does not need to be able to kill itself within the time limit (but if it can without cheese then you can be pretty much certain it isn't going to be considered too jittery)
-However, it must be able to do at least some damage when it fights itself (yes, one block killed is enough, but blackened blocks which don't die aren't)
-Rams may not be mounted on subobjects
-If your vehicle has fixed weapons that point sideways, they must be mirrored on the both sides
-No gravrams

Banned systems (that means all blocks from a given system, although you can use them for decoration if they are disconnected such that they cannot function)
-Lua
-Warp drives
-PACs
-Nukes
-Docking stations

Restricted Blocks
-No more than 2 rudders per vehicle

Weapon points
-Per APS component (check firing piece, includes CIWS guns): 0.1
-Per laser component (check multi-purpose laser, includes LAMS-only systems): 0.2
-Per CRAM ammo box or pellet box (use the numbers from the firing piece): 0.2
-Per missile gantry (sorry, you're going to have to count them manually or use the blockalyzer, includes flares/radar buoys etc): 0.4
-Per simple weapon: 2 (they're pretty laggy)

Support points
-Shield projector: 2
-Shield colorer: -1 (only when connected to a shield projector, and only 1 per projector gives this buff)
-Repair bot: 2
-LAMS node: 5
-Heat decoy: 2
-Anti-missile cannon controller: 2
-Sonar buoy holder: 3
-Radar buoy holder: 4
-Smoke launcher: 1

Battle settings
-Materials limit per team: 10k
-T3hJimmer's Pro-Pain map from the workshop
-Min altitude: -50m
-Max altitude: 400m
-Max range: 1200m
-Spawn distance: 1000m
-Neter physics
-Automatic detection: 0.10
-Spare materials: 10,000
-Time limit: 7:30
-Best of 3, winner in each decided by highest health remaining, but if gap is less than 5% that fight is a draw
-0 points for a loss, 0.5 for a draw and 1 for a win (this is the overall battle outcome between those 2 vehicles, not each fight)
-Swiss format with 3 rounds
-Everyone tied for the highest number of points at the end will be entered into a single-elimination bracket
-There will be a poll at the end for the prettiest entry

Classes (add up the max cost of the classes you used to get your fleet cost, not the total cost of your vehicles, eg 53k flagship + 6k fighter = 63k

Format:
Name
-Materials limit
-Weapon point limit
-Support point limit
-Speed limit
-Extra details, eg 'must not fly, repair testicles allowed'

Fighter
-4 WP
-3 SP
-100 m/s
-Must not be a sub
-CRAMs must use only the bomb chute barrel
-Missiles only cost 0.2 WP per gantry on this class
-Missiles may not have one-turn component
-No turrets
-No HA or metal
-Max APS gauge: 150mm

Corvette
-15 WP
-8 SP
-50 m/s
-If it is a sub, it is limited to only 15m/s
-If it is a sub, missiles without a short-range or variable thruster (eg mines, APN, torps) cost only 0.3 WP per gantry
-Max APS gauge: 250mm
-Max CRAM gauge: 1200mm
-APS guns must be turreted
-No HA

Support
-30 WP
-20 SP
-20 m/s
-Must not be a sub
-No CRAMs
-No laser combiners
-No missile warheads
-No simple weapons
-APS guns may use no components other than flak warhead, flak head, gunpowder casing, timed fuse, railgun casing, smoke warhead
-Repair testicles are allowed on this class only, they cost 6 SP
-No HA

Rambo
-40 WP
-3 SP
-40 m/s
-Must be a surface ship or hydrofoil skimmer
-All weapon controllers must have a max range of 250m set
-Rams are free
-Missiles must not have fins (magnets are fine)

Heavy
-35 WP
-8 SP
-10 m/s
-No laser combiners
-No missiles
-Min APS gauge: 333mm
-Min CRAM gauge: 1500mm
-No wood or lightweight alloy

Flagship
-40 WP
-15 SP
-30 m/s
-If it is a sub, it is limited to only 15m/s
-APS guns must be turreted

Submissions
-Double-check the rules!
-Attach all your designs to a spawn stick using subvehicle spawners (since I'm counting max cost per class, this does not count towards your materials limit). A spawn stick may not have an AI or any functional components (poster holders are fine)
-Submit designs via PM or by posting the BP in this thread (not recommended). Or email [Image: P80dJzF.png].
-Deadline 23:59 GMT on Sunday 3rd 10th of December. If necessary I can extend this by a bit (but not by a lot).
-If your entry is accepted, I'll add it to the post below. If it doesn't meet the rules, I'll put it in the section below with the adjustments that are needed.
-These rules are pretty convoluted so it's possible I missed something. If I do need to make changes post-haste (anything not-too-significant I won't bother about) I will notify everyone and possibly extend the deadline.

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-21, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 01:35 PM by Kaonicping.)
RE: Fiendish Fray [Accepting Submissions]
Unchecked Submissions

Accepted Submissions
-Popgunners by Anickle
-Bismuth by Cythphn
-the Loch Ness assault fleet by harnas1977
-Sky Fiends by Kaonicping
-Fiendish Frayers by Tomson
-TEAM RED by NutterChap
Submissions that require modifications to meet the rules

2017-11-21, 11:07 AM
Nice! Big Grin
I think most fleets won't be able to use all the materials thanks to the odd numbers for some classes. A fighter leaves 2k that can not be filled by anything. (Unless you have 5 fighters and a corvette.) It would be great to have a very small class. Like 2000 material limit. (would probably also need a low-ish speed limit to avoid unhitteble mosquitoes) Or maybe a wild card that can be between 1k-10k mats filling in the unused mats.
2017-11-21, 01:31 PM
(2017-11-21 11:07 AM)Tomson Wrote:  Nice! Big Grin
I think most fleets won't be able to use all the materials thanks to the odd numbers for some classes. A fighter leaves 2k that can not be filled by anything. (Unless you have 5 fighters and a corvette.) It would be great to have a very small class. Like 2000 material limit. (would probably also need a low-ish speed limit to avoid unhitteble mosquitoes) Or maybe a wild card that can be between 1k-10k mats filling in the unused mats.

I don't think it's a big deal if one team has 95k from a flagship and a heavy vs 100k from two rambos and a heavy.

Also, I don't think a 2k material class would be good for anything other than being a mini flying squirrel or a suicide rammer, neither of which I want to encourage.

I think it should be fine since there will never be a gap of more than 7k between two entries since otherwise you could add another fighter.

2017-11-23, 04:38 PM
Do LAMS-only lasers still count against weapon points?

Allr andask.
2017-11-23, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-23 08:08 PM by Kaonicping.)
(2017-11-23 04:38 PM)Blothorn Wrote:  Do LAMS-only lasers still count against weapon points?

Yes, I'll make that more clear in the rules.

Likewise, flak CIWS counts for weapon points (the reason the support class gets plenty of WP) and non-damaging missiles count too.

2017-11-24, 12:21 PM
Apologies, I forgot to ban gravrams. Those are now banned.

2017-11-27, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-27 09:19 AM by MainFall.)
You may want to change this...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

250 mm at 1000rpm is underwhelming
2017-11-27, 10:41 AM
(2017-11-27 09:18 AM)MainFall Wrote:  You may want to change this...

Do you really think that was an accident? Tongue

2017-11-27, 07:51 PM
Well, I know what I’m goning to makeTongue

250 mm at 1000rpm is underwhelming